Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.

Mazda 6: There is a rattle coming from trunk when driving its

There is a rattle coming from trunk when driving its even worse when hitting bumps, also a howling sound comin from same side as the rattle...shock absorbers and wheel bearings were just changed and noise is still happening?
Welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you.

Noise concerns are very difficult to diagnose in person and even more difficult over the web site. I will give you a list of most common and other items to check.

1. Replacing the wheel bearing and shocks was a good place to start.

2. let see if you can verify what is loose, worn or making the noise.

3. Remove everything from the trunks and back seat area. Don't forget to remove the jack, spare tire and tools.

4. Have a friend drive the vehicle while you sit in the back seat and in the trunk to see if you can hear and feel the noise with you ear and hand to pinpoint the exact location.

5. You may have two different concerns here. I suggest rotating the tires (front to rear) and test drive to see if there is any change. Inspect all tires for any sine of cupped, choppy tread. Replace and tires that are not round and smooth when sliding your hand over the tread surface.

6. Inspect the rear sway bar links. You can remove the rear sway bar links and test drive to see if noise is resolved. If so, replace the sway bar links.

7. Check all rear control arm suspension hardware. Hand tighten all rear suspension hardware.

8. Inspect all rear suspension bushings for tear or damage.

9. Inspect the rear exhaust, hangers and shields for clearance.