Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.

Mazda B3000 DS: I have a 2002 Mazda B3000, every so often it

I have a 2002 Mazda B3000, every so often it will start, but runs rough and dies - and then it won't start. Cranks fine, but won't catch. Typically will start after a period of time - anywhere from a couple of minutes to a couple of hours, then runs fine for days, even weeks. Out of the blue the problem occurs again - any ideas what to look for?
Welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you.

I suspect that you have a faulty fuel pump. This concern is very common on this vehicle.

You can try to diagnose it or just start by replacing the fuel pump and fuel filter.

If you have a fuel pressure gauge, connect it to the engine when it will not start and see what your fuel pressure is. Should be above 35 psi

Next time it will not stat, try giving it a shot of starting fluid in the air filter housing towards the engine. If it starts or will run a couple seconds on starting fluid, then you probably have a weak fuel pump.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions by hitting the reply button.