Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.

Mazda Protege DX: i got this codes and do not know what they

i got this codes and do not know what they mean. p0660 intake manafold, p0106 MAP and p1569
Welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you.

You have 3 different fault codes for 3 different system on the engine.

I sugest clearing all the codes, drive vehicle until the check engine light comes back on. Recheck to see what fault codes arre stored and go from there.

P0660 is a fault in the VTCS ( variable tumble control system ) inside the intake manifold #3 in the diagram.

P1569 is a fault in the VICS ( variable inertia charging systerm ) inside the intake manifold #2 in the diagram.

P0106 is a fault in the MAP/Boost sensor.

All of these fault codes are solenoids/sensors that have vacuum hoses going to them. I suggest a good visual inspection of all the vacuum hoses to each. If there has been any other engine related repairs done lately, make sure vacuum hoses are routed correctly and properly connected. Also make sure all electrical connectors are fully connected properly.

#7= VTCS solenoid valve
#10= VICS solenoid valve

If you have any additional questions, you can hit the reply button and I will be glad to assist.
The questions will stay open, so you can reply back here in a week if the check engine light comes back on with fault codes stored and I will continue helping.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The visual inflection did not find anything , before I can reset the check engin light it went away on it's own. Thank you
Thanks for the rating.

The light may have gone out but the fault codes may still be stored in the computer.

I still suggest clearing all old codes and that way if the light comes back on only new fault codes will be stored to prevent confusion.

You can reply back here at any time and I will be glad to help.