BigBob, Service manager/Technician
Experience:  25 years in the auto repair business

Mazda B2300: I need to get directions and schematics for changing

I need to get directions and schematics for changing out alternator B2300 1997 Mazda including how I remove and reinstall the serpentine belt.Extended cab and has AC
Greetings and welcome!!!!!!!!!

I have uploaded 2 files for you to view. Click here and here to download them.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address any follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. Yes, all you have to do is remove the Negative cable.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Bob,

How can I make your attachments print larger.... I can't hardly see them (old fart ~ lol)

Please advise

Download them to your computer and then open with the latest version of Adobe. Then you can zoom in and enlarge them. Then they will print. If this does not work let me know and I will try something different.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Bob,

I tried that but it still printed small even though I had increased the size. However I was able to read them on the computer. I have a question on what the snow/ice shield is and how do I remove? Is this the plastic cover over the fan? It looked like to me that I would have to remove the fan?

Please Advise

Yes that is the plastic cover I beleive. You referring to the fan blade? You should not have to remove that.

• Be sure the battery connections are not reversed, this will damage the generator.
  • Do not use a high-voltage tester such as a megger, it will damage the voltage regulator/ brush holder assembly.
  • Remember that battery positive voltage is always present at generator Terminal B.

1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
  2. Remove the snow/ice shield and the fresh air inlet tube.
  3. Remove the generator, referring to REMOVAL NOTE.
  4. Inspect all parts and repair or replace if necessary.
  5. Install in reverse order of removal, referring to INSTALLATION NOTE.

1. Disconnect the voltage regulator/brush holder assembly harness connector.
  2. Remove the harness connector bracket.
  3. Disconnect the Terminal B wire.
  4. Loosen the drive belt tensioner and remove the drive belt.
  5. Remove the generator bolts.
  6. Remove the generator.

1. Install the generator.

Tightening torque:
40 - 54 N.m (4.1 - 5.5 kgf.m, 30 - 40 ft.lbf)

1. Connect Terminal B wire.

Tightening torque:
9.0 - 12.0 N.m (0.91 - 1.22 kgf.m, 6.6 - 9.0 ft.lbf)

1. Connect the harness connector to the voltage regulator / brush holder assembly.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Alright Bob, I was able to copy those and put them in WORD. Could you do the same for the serpentine belt. And is there any directions on how to remove the shield? If I can get these two things I should be able to stop bugging you ~ Thanks!

I forgot the belt. You are not bugging me at all. Unfortunately there are no removal and installation instructions for the shield. Please let me know if I can help further.

1. Loosen the drive belt tension by lifting the tensioner pulley in the counterclockwise direction.
  2. Remove and replace the drive belt.

Simply reply back if you require additional information and I will be happy to help with any follow up questions. Thank you and I wish you the best with your vehicle repairs. If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.