Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Mazda Mazda 6: 2005 Mazda 6 iSedan. The only way to enter

2005 Mazda 6 iSedan. The only way to enter the vehicle from the outside is to turn the key to the left and while holding the key to the left, pull the door handle. And from within the car, all 4 doors need to be opened by pulling the lock behind the door handle and while holding the lock back, pull the door handle open to exit.

Any thoughts on the problem and what repair and cost of repair might be?

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

I am sorry you have had to wait so long for the first contact. Sometimes this happens when the question you ask is not detailed enough or its just hard to address online. Many have viewed your post, but have decided to pass.

I will do my best to help you. I have access to many repair sites, so at the least I can provide something to address at least part of your concern if it is not something I can address from memory and experience.

I mainly work in the last half of the day 2pm-midnight cst. , so that is when I do all of my responding.

Once you get an answer, you will be prompted to rate me. You are rating my help, not the website, or answer. If you feel the need to rate negative, please save the rating so I can try again or find someone whom may be able to help better.

Thanks for using our site, we will do all we can to earn your business, again sorry we did not get to you sooner.

X Do you still need help?

X Is there any more information you can add?

X At minimum what do you need to know if I can not address all of your concern?

Chris

>

>

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Found the questions to be somewhat confusing at the bottom of your response.

Still need help because I haven't got an answer to my question about what might be the cause of the problem and how to fix it. Unless there is somewhere else I should have looked for the answer on JustAnswer?

What kind of information are you looking for? Was there anything about my explanation that I need to expand on?

I need to know what needs to be done to repair this issue, and if done by a Mazda dealership if it's something that requires more than a minimum amount of work on my part, what kind of expense am I looking at? Really need to be able to open the doors without releasing the lock button from the inside each time and without unlocking from the outside each time we enter.

Your car is acting like there is always power to the door lock actuators trying to keep them locked. When no unlock or lock buttons are pressed there should be 2 ground wires to each lock actuator. Not a single power and single ground.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/05mazda6.pdf

Use the above diagram and check any of the actuators for power, if there is power then remove the wires from the connector at the module from the lock switches to see if there is still power, if there is then the module is faulty. If there is no longer power then on of the switches is bad.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Moose. One last question.... and don't believe I have indicated this in previous messages. The remote and the interior lock/unlock button when depressed makes clicking noise when pressed. And that actually moves the locks behind the door handles a bit, but does not fully unlock the doors. Does that narrow anything down, or are we still where you left it with your last response?

I really wanted to say you have faulty door lock actuators and that extra info fits with that but the fact there always trying to lock still makes me believe there being commanded. Do all testing before spending any money on any parts. Testing is free, parts guessing is not.