Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.
49548721

2011 Miata MX5 hardtop convertable ~5000mi. The top will not

2011 Miata MX5 hardtop convertable ~5000mi. The top will not retract. When the latch is unhooked the light on the up button is on. Is it just a sensor? Can I reset it?
Welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you.

It should be under Mazda warranty still so I suggest bringing it to a dealer for repair.

The light should come on when the latch is opened. Make sure the vehicle is in park or neutral, parking brake is applied and foot is on the brake pedal. Hold down the open button for the roof and it should open. If there is a fault, you will get a beeping noise. Make sure there is nothing in the back causing it to bind up.

If still no luck, disconnect the battery and hold your foot on the brake pedal for 1 min. This will reset the module. Reconnect the battery and retry the roof.

Thanks
Drew
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Drew. I give it a try after work today. I'll let you know how it goes.
Sounds good.

Thanks
Drew