Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.

where can i find a replacement part for a 98 mazda millenia.

where can i find a replacement part for a 98 mazda millenia. the part is a knob that is located at the top of the brake pedal arm that activates the brake light switch.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

I am sorry you have had to wait so long for the first contact. Sometimes this happens when the question you ask is not detailed enough or its just hard to address online. Many have viewed your post, but have passed. I am checking to see if you still need help.

I am not going to lie, this concern is not my strongest point, but I will do my best to help you. I have access to many repair sites, so at the least I can provide something to address at least part of your concern if it is not something I can address from memory and experience.

I mainly work in the last half of the day, so that is when I do all of my responding. If there is anything else you can add to your concern to help me out more so I can help you out in turn please do so in your next reply.

Once you get an answer, you will be prompted to rate me. You are rating my help, not the website, or answer. If you feel the need to rate negative, please save the rating so I can try again or find someone whom may be able to help better.

Thanks for using our site, we will do all we can to earn your business, again sorry we did not get to you sooner.

Chris

>

>

Expert:  Drew replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you.

Hello and sorry for the delay.

I suggest going to a salvage yard to get the little button that is missing from your brake pedal. You would have to order the entire brake pedal from Mazda dealer to get a new button.

I have been through this several times on these old cars when they come into my shop. What I do is use a small plastic christmas tree style push-pin to put in place of the missing button and the problem is resolved. You may need to adjust the brake light switch to compensate for the difference in thickness.

Thanks
Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience: 19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.