Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.
49548721

Mazda 2: I have a 2013 Mazda 2 and the HOLD light just came

I have a 2013 Mazda 2 and the HOLD light just came on. It is not blinking and when I turned it off and back on it disappeared what could be the trouble.
No problem man. We be jamming.

Sorry but I LOVE Jamaica!!!

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you.

The hold light on indicates a fault in the transmission. There a hundreds of different reasons why this light came on.

Normally when the hold indicator light comes on there is a fault in the transmission system. There may be a fault code stored in the transmission control module that would help indicate what part of the system is causing your concern.

The fault code will help use determine what steps need to be checked to resolve your concern.

I suggest driving the vehicle and if the concern re-occurs, then you will need to have the fault code checked or you can bring to a Mazda dealer and have the systems checked now.

Thanks
Drew
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Drew

Glad to hear to love Ja. I expected a more explicit answer however and there really was a simply one which I found out from a friend that there is a button on the gear level which when depressed could cause the hold light to come on and when you turn on and off the car it will cause the light to go off. if there is something serious the light would continue to blink.

As it is a 2013 car I would suggest you mention that first to your clients so that they don"t worry too much

That is very possible that you bumped the hold/OD button on the side of the shifter.

You will just have to keep an eye in it in the future to may sure is not really a problem.

Thanks for the update.

Drew