Cardoctor74, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE master technician

Mazda 6: 2004 mazda 6 idle vibration, replaced motor mounts,

2004 mazda 6 idle vibration, replaced motor mounts, front end parts also still vibrates bad at idle
Id this only in drive or in idle also ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

only in drive in P or N its fine

Is the vibration in the steering wheel or under the seat?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

its threw the floor board its the right side of the motor i can lift it up an have on of my tech start it put it in D while in the air an watch the motor vibrate from the R side front of motor

Ok is the front subframe bushings damaged or the transmission mounts?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No both are fine that was ny next step i just hate put parts on that are not needed the to mounts i replaced were torn. Just FYI im a techician of 26 yrs. an i manage Knuckles Auto Shop but this car is pickin my brain an a buddy of mine told me to try, thanks for your help, Ty

Anytime.Does it seem possible that the torque converter is locking up causing the vibration?Have 25 years in the field myself so Im glad to help.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it may be possible im not positive but the vibration is on the opposite side but i know how sound an vibratrion travel iv'e never came across this in a mazda how would i check this iv'e drove it with the snap-on scanner an i have no codes an info is all with in specs

Ok I have seen these converters cause this issue if all the mounts are ok and secured as well as the exhaust in no causing this issue you can pinpoint this by power braking it on the lift as you know and prying on the suspension to see if the vibration goes away.Also make sure timing is dead on.I think it has to be transmission related or theres a broken new mount or sub frame issue.These are what you need to check next.Hoped this helped.Please rate excellent service so I can get Credit for my help thanks. Bonuses greatly appreciated.