Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, 35 yrs, Diag/Electrical Specialist
13677702

Mazda MPV LX: WHERE IS THE TCM LOCATION ON MY MAZDA MPV LX

Customer Question

WHERE IS THE TCM LOCATION ON MY MAZDA MPV LX 1998? DO i HAVE TO GET IT PROGRAMED AFTER INSTALLTION?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Randall C replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I am Randall
It is locted up under left side of dash. hard to explain exact loction but the picture shows the 2 plugs to give you a reference
It is a plug and play module and does not rwuire programming as long as #'s match

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have the 98 mazda mpv. I have a code p1720. my overdrive buttom is flashing on yellow and sometimes it won't shift out of 1st gear. sometimes (twice) it stall out. Have any ideas now? Is it tcm or transmission? Can u give me a little something to go on? please?
Expert:  Randall C replied 4 years ago.
I can send the diagnostic chart but your possibles are shown in the basic chart below, Consider ing what you ahevt ried, I would then suspect the TCM but no way to be 100% without testing