Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

How do I remove the alternator from my 2004 Mazda tribute v6?

Customer Question

Category: Mazda
Expert:  Eric replied 5 years ago.
hi,

You have to remove the right side splash shield, as well as the right side intermediate cv shaft and pull alternator out of that opening. no other way

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

Please note, your Deposit doesn't constitute a payment. Please click the ACCEPT BUTTON to complete transaction or ask for more help. Positive feedback is always appreciated. Bonuses are welcome. Please note that if you have a subscription service you still need to click the accept button, however you are not charged again. Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How do you remove the intermediate cv shaft
Expert:  Eric replied 5 years ago.

you have to remove the right hand cv shaft first, then remove the intermediate shaft. you remove the brake caliper, the rotor, remove the cv shaft nut, separate the lower balljoint from the steeringknuckle, then push the end of the cv shaft thru the steering knuckle. now use a slide hammer and cv axle attachment to yank the cv shaft from the intermediate shaft. Now remove the 2 retainer bolts on the intermediate shaft bearing retainer and pull out the shaft.

sorry, no diagrams on this as I have to pay for factory directions to provide for you and I only paid for the alternator, but the above written directions will get you thru it no problem

Please note, your Deposit doesn't constitute a payment. Please click the ACCEPT BUTTON to complete transaction or ask for more help. Positive feedback is always appreciated. Bonuses are welcome. Please note that if you have a subscription service you still need to click the accept button, however you are not charged again. Thank you
.
Expert:  Eric replied 5 years ago.
thank you for using justanswer