Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master certified, 30 years experience. Auto troubleshooting, electrical , ABS, SRS, EFI system
2947720

Mazda Millenia S: I have a 2002 mazda millenia S the engine

I have a 2002 mazda millenia S the engine light came on "its not flashing but the hold light
came on also and it is flashing". the owner's manual says transaxle electrical problem continuning to drive will damage the transaxle. Is this something that can be repaired
by a garage mechanic or tow it to a dealer?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Jerry replied 2 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just answer.com, Super mechanic here. Please DON’T hit accept until you are completely satisfied with the answer. About your vehicle.

.

There are many areas in the power train controls that will make the light come on. You will want to have the codes read to see what area the problem is in. Normally Autozone will read the codes for free and even tell you the area of concern, as well as clear the code out of the computer.

.

The HOLD indicator light will flash if a malfunction exists in any of the EC-AT system components.

.

You could try a tranmission shop for that. If it drives ok and the trans is shifting good and not slipping, you should be able to drive it a fairly short distance, (5 miles or so)

.

However, if you have any towing coverage you may want to have it towed.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thats what the owners manual says what components are on the trans.

and are these components inside the trans or outside the trans?

Expert:  Jerry replied 2 years ago.
There are literally thousands of components in and on the trans. The shift solenoids are internal, (#3 in diagram) which is a good chance of what is wrong.

graphic

..

There are a lot of possibilities though, and I wouldn't want to say to continue to dtive as normal, without knowing what the problem actually is.

.

We can guess at it for as long as time allows and still not know without having the codes read at least. Thanks
Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience: ASE Master certified, 30 years experience. Auto troubleshooting, electrical , ABS, SRS, EFI system