mazdamaster577, Master Technician
Experience:  mazda master/shop foreman for 15 years.

Mazda B3000 4x2: 2002 Mazda B3000 Dual Sport truck with a 3.0

2002 Mazda B3000 Dual Sport truck with a 3.0 V6 5 speed, the motor will crank but will not start. I had the truck towed to a local auto repair shop and he told me it needs to go to a Ford or Mazda dealer to have the anti theft reset so the actual problem could be identified. He said there is no power going to the fuel pump due to the anti theft needing to be reset. Is there a way to test this before going to the dealer for service?

mazdamaster577 :

if it is the anti theft system, the security light will flash rapidly. check the fuel cut off' Inertia seitch, in the passenger kick panel. red button that can trip off, mainly if in an accident. but can trip on it's own at times.

mazdamaster577 :

thank you so much - my husband just did exactly what you advised him to do and it started right up. thank you so much for your help!