Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.

Mazda 6 My 2009 Mazda 6 has a red key warning light on the

My 2009 Mazda 6 has a red key warning light on the dashboard and it should be green. The car appears to work fine otherwise. Same thing with both remotes- put new batteries in the remotes, no change.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Drew replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you.

Try this first. Disconnect the battery. Hold your foot on the brake pedal for 1 min. Clean and reconnect battery. Now test operation to see if the red key light is off.

If the light is still on, insert each key into the ignition and start the car using each key. Now try the push button start system.

If this does NOT work, let me know with a reply and I will give you the next diagnosisi steps.