Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.

My factory car alarm has started going off in my driveway with nothing

My factory car alarm has started going off in my driveway with nothing around to trigger it. It responds to the remote to turn it off. It has done this 5 times in the past two days. What can be done to adjust the sensitivity or disable this feature? 2005 Mazda6

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you.

This is common due to a faulty hood latch switch or aftermarket alarm installed.

Look under the dash for any sign of aftermarket black box with not factory wires hanging down. Remove and reconnect any wires that were cut during the install/removal.

Inspect the hood latch switch and test for proper operation.

Lube all door latches with WD40.

Make sure all hood, trunk and doors close properly. Verify that the door ajar light and dome light go off while driving.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.