Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, 35 yrs, Diag/Electrical Specialist
13677702

Mazda 6 I Trouble Code P0113 Intake Air Temperature

Trouble Code: P0113

Intake Air Temperature Sensor Circuit High Input

Possible Causes:

IAT sensor signal circuit is open IAT sensor signal circuit is shorted to VREF or system power IAT sensor is damaged or has failed PCM has failed
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Randall C replied 5 years ago.

tracker40 :

Hello, I am Randall. Chances are the PCM is ok as to date? never seen one fail for just IAT circuit. the problem is the IAT is built into the mass airflow sensor. W ithout scan tool hooked up viewing data from the sensor? I have to lean to bad IAT and thus requires changing the MAF sensor as one unit

Customer:

It was fine earlier today I just added a new K&N air intake per instructions included with the kit and this went off, very weird

Customer:

Hello?

Customer:

hello i need more help

Customer:

Are you there I need aid

tracker40 :

You did not say you did mods to the intake. All you can do is check the plug at MAF or the MAF sensor will not take the K/N

Customer:

ok i guess I can try that again seems it should work, does the computer on the car need time to adjust to the new intake?

tracker40 :

yes.. it can take what we call drive cycles. this could be a day, and hour or even more depending how long for ECM to relearn

Customer:

ok cool sounds right I will just give it some time to adjust I had it on before and I do recall the same issue occuring just recently put stock airbox on for long drive and reinstalled K&N intake today, so this should right itself with time, does that sound right to you?

Customer:

should i try using a cleaner to clean the sensor

tracker40 :

you can try but.. if no problems prior to KN, then the system may not like it

tracker40 :

yes, long drives at various conditons allows computer to relearn

Customer:

ok i will leave as it is and worse case i will get a new sothank you for your help i will just be patient, have yourself a good day

tracker40 :

Do the same. It may very well correct itself real soon

Customer:

i hope so