Mazda Ed
Mazda Ed, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Mazda Master Technician
5624692

Mazda 6 Hi, my mazda 6 driver door will not unlock and I cannot

Customer Question

Hi, my mazda 6 driver door will not unlock and I cannot open it with either key or from inside. Not with remote either. Can you give me a reason or is something faulty? What is the quickest solution. thanks
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Mazda Ed replied 3 years ago.

Hi! Let me put the Zoom Zoom back in your Mazda!

First check around the door to see if something is caught in the door. Check the seatbelt, etc.. Anything that could be putting pressure on the door.

Does the door lock have resistance when you turn with the key or use the door lock inside?

Can you hear the door lock working?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes it does have resistance when we use the key but it flicks but does not open. I have checked and there is nothing stuck. I can hear the door lock. Where do we go from here?
Expert:  Mazda Ed replied 3 years ago.
Ok, try pushing the door closed and holding it in that position. Put steady pressure on it where the latch is and then try to open the door. If that doesn't work then you can try removing the door panel, but I can't remember if that can be done with the door closed. You can examine the other front door panel so you can see how it comes off. You can also remove the other door panel so you have a reference to where the lock and latch attaches. It may be possible to get something like a coat hanger in through the window opening to unlock the driver door. It will be much easier to see what you need to do once the passenger door panel is removed!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have tried this but in fact we cannot open the panel with the door locked as it is. It's impossible. I have tried holding the latch open and clicking the remote. Flicked twice from inside and out. Still to no avail. Please contact me on XXXXXXXXXX so we can talk. Thanks
Expert:  Mazda Ed replied 3 years ago.
Sorry, I can only have communication via the website. The best thing to do is take the panel off the passenger door so you have a reference as to what you need to move inside the door to get it to unlock. There is no easy fix for this! Comparing doors is the last way I know how to open this without causing damage to the door or the b-pillar area.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thank you. I guess we are at stage one.
Expert:  Mazda Ed replied 3 years ago.
Have you taken the panel off the passenger door so you can see what moves inside?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
it's impossible to remove the door without expert intervention.