Mike V.
Mike V., Technician
Experience:  25 yrs. experience with all makes and models. Factory trained on Nissan and Subaru.

Mazda 6: dealer the check showed EGR problem we will change it

I have engine light in my 04 mazda 6 ,I went to dealer the check showed EGR problem we will change it under dealer waranty, my quistion what is the chance this problem will come again ?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 years ago.
HI there!
Most often if the testing is done properly it will resolve the issue. There is always a chance that a different part related to the egr would fail at some point, but if it was properly diagnosed it should not be an issue.
Many times,an egr code isn't actually the fault of the egr itself, but rather some type of sensor issue or blockage to and from the egr.
Hopefully this was all tested and diagnosed properly and the problem will be resolved.
Hope this helps!