Mazda Ed
Mazda Ed, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Mazda Master Technician
5624692

How do i program a 2000 mazda 626 key to start the car

Customer Question

how do i program a 2000 mazda 626 key to start the car
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Mike V. replied 3 years ago.
Hi there!
Here is some information, hope it helps!

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
where is the immobilizer located
Expert:  Mike V. replied 3 years ago.
The unit is under the dash left side,near the fuse box.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have the lucas immobilizer serial number it is XXXXXXXXXX The id is khh35as. The can is 1984 102 1337a. Can you tell me how to get the code word?
Expert:  Mike V. replied 3 years ago.
I don't have this info for you so I will open the question back up for the other experts.
Please stand by, if anyone has the information, they will be in touch.
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello -

As the previous expert has opted out , I will help you with your question..

Im afraid you cant get the code "word" - as per your question.. there is no such thing even with all the numbers etc that you have -

On this make / model of vehicle - the only way to program the system - key to car ( system ) is to have the car plugged into a Mazda or similar suitable diagnostic machine that will do that for you .

There is one other way - and that involves sending the module and key etc to a company that can do this with such a "rig" - but its generally done as above which is quicker - and the usualy way to do it..

Again just to repeat / clarify, it cannot be done in the way you are asking.

Im sorry , this is probably not what you wanted to hear, but that is the case with this system. They cannot be programmed manually / without the correct equipment.

I'm very pleased to have helped you - but do ask me if you need anything more..

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given - as that's how I get paid for my time, knowledge and expertise given. Thank you.

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
You are full of shit I have programmed a set of keys on this car before myself. And had no such device.
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
How nice of you Sir...

Such a nice person -

Have a lovely day -

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

Expert:  Mazda Ed replied 3 years ago.
To get the code word you will need to contact your local Mazda dealership and prove ownership to the vehicle. They will need the vin# from the car and the serial# from the immobilizer unit. It only takes a few minutes for them to look up the code so they may not even charge you. Again... you will have to prove ownership.