Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Mazda Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Mazda Diagnostics
18617752

Mazda 6 S What does a blinking check engine light mean

What does a blinking check engine light mean?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is DriveFast71(Ron) and I will do my best to answer all of your questions completely and accurately.

When the Check Engine light is blinking, this is the sign for a P0300-Random Cylinder Misfire. It's a fairly "geneeral" code that basically means, the on-board computer sees a misfire, but hasn't quite pin-pointed where the misfire is, or what is causing it (see possible causes below). Your best bet at this point is going to be to get the "p-codes" read from the on-board computer, and see if there is anything stored besides the P0300. Once you have these codes you can more accurately and efficient diagnose the problem, and narrow down the culprit. You can have these p-codes read for Free at any local "big chain" parts store (ie. AutoZone, PepBoys, etc)

graphic

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 5 years ago.
graphic