yogimechntech
yogimechntech, Mazda Certified Technician
Experience:  Senior Mazda Technician with extensive experience at Mazda franchise dealer service dept.

1991 B2200: What mark on the cam shaft pully do you use for timing

What mark on the cam shaft pully do you use for timing on the 1991 B2200 Pickup.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  yogimechntech replied 3 years ago.

yogimechntech :

Hi there
I'm going to post a link with a good picture for you http://www.mazdatruckin.com/B2200/B22TimeCheck.html

Thanks
Hayden.

Customer :

What is the O just to the right of the number 1

yogimechntech :

I have no idea sorry i've never paid any attention to it.

yogimechntech :

I'm sorry I cant tell you but as far as I know it has no use

yogimechntech :

If you have any other questions dont hesitate to ask

yogimechntech :

If my answer was sufficient please hit the green accept button.

Thanks
Hayden.

Customer :

Why would my compression only be 60 lbs on all 4 cylinders and it will not start. I have fuel and spark and timing is set where you showed?

yogimechntech :

Hi again.

Did you have the crankshaft lined up at TDC?

yogimechntech :

I would advise you to read the guide that was with the pictures in the link I posted for you yesterday, it explains in detail how to check the timing.

I would suggest perhaps your camshaft is 180 degrees out.

Customer :

I've checked and rechecked pulled the valve cover off to verifiy the cam everything is in time. I only have 60lbs of compression straight across. I have fuel and spark it will not start.

Customer :

I have no problem accepting your answer but would like to find the reason it will not start.

Experience: Senior Mazda Technician with extensive experience at Mazda franchise dealer service dept.
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi welcome to JA.com.I will answer your question the best I can,

60psi across the cylinders is very low.

Which engine do you have as the B2200 has the 2.0L and the 22.L engine ?

I take it you are getting fuel and spark to each cylinder?

Please let me know for further assistance
Regards Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

2.2L engine. and yes I'm getting fuel & spark to each cylinder.

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Check the timing from these diagrams.

Do a wet compression test lets see what condition your engine is in ,
from the wet compression test we can see if we have a ring or valve problem.

Timing diagram below.
graphic

Get back to me
Regards Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Will do a wet test tomorrow. And my timimng as as shown.
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Good let me know the readings

Regards Greg