Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.

2001 mazda b3000: fuel pump..intermittent..the relay already

2001 mazda b3000 fuel pump is intermittent at startup. have changed the relay already. It only does this once every two weeks or so. any suggestions?

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you.

Sounds like you have an intermittent cranks no start concern???

I would check all connections at the fuel pump connector. When your truck does not start, you will need to check for B+ and Ground at the fuel pump connector. This will tell you if the is a problem with he supply voltage/ground or a faulty pump. Inspect all battery connections and ground connections. Disconnect and clean if corroded and retorque. Inspect for battery acid intrusion to connectors around battery tray area.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks Drew

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How do I access the fuel pump connector?

The fuel pump connector is located near the top of the tank on the side by the gas tank strap. Here are some diagrams to assist.