Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master certified, 30 years experience. Auto troubleshooting, electrical , ABS, SRS, EFI system

Mazda rx 8 how do you change a fuel filter on a mazda rx8

how do you change a fuel filter on a mazda rx8 2004. please include diagram, location, any special tools if needed.

Hello and welcome to Just, Super mechanic here. About your vehicle.

Fuel Filter Location

Fuel filter is part of the fuel pump module, and is not a serviceable fuel filter.

What part of the answer is vague? The fuel filter is within the fuel module with the pump and pick up tube. To replace it you would have to replace the fuel module. I didn't make it that way the manufacturer did, sorry
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So in order for me to replace the filter I need to change out the pump? Won't that get expensive?
That's correct and it is rather expensive compared to an external filter. Here are the factory prices for the pump.

Parts Information
Part OEM Part Price
Fuel Pump
Fuel Pump N3H11335ZF $172.47
Labor Skill
Fuel Pump
Replace B 0.6 0.9
Does Not Include: Drain & Refill Fuel Tank.