marcpod
marcpod, owner of collision repair advice
Experience:  BASF, i-car, 18 yrs exp/collision/ mechanical/ licensed adjsuter

2008 mazda: positive cable..headlights..fuses but they all look fine

I have a 2008 Mazda CX9 and I replaced the battery and the positive cable hit the negative post and now the car will not start. The headlights work but nothing else. I tried checking some of the fuses but they all look fine. What can I do next?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  marcpod replied 3 years ago.

marcpod :

Check the main fuse in the fuse block. Here is some help then let me know if it is blown!

marcpod :
  1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
  2. Remove the main fuse block cover.
[IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT][/ALT][WIDTH]377.14285714285716[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE]

1. Remove in the order indicated in the table.
  2. Install in the reverse order of removal.
Customer :

The fuse box under the hood? Or the one in the glove box?

marcpod :

Full Size Image

marcpod :

under the hood

Customer :

Okay I got the image but there isn't a screw holding it on.

marcpod :

Full Size Image

marcpod :

That is wierd!

marcpod :

do you see the fuse

Customer :

Yes

marcpod :

is this just a black fuse?

marcpod :

looking fuse

Customer :

The box is black but the main fuse is light blue

marcpod :

Could you get anything going on like the radio on?

Customer :

no, only the headlights and the horn

Customer :

brake lights work

marcpod :

that is the main fuse have it tested if it is bad change it out. If it is not bad then I still going to go down the path of grounds and fuses.

Customer :

ok, where do I get it tested?

marcpod :

any auto parts store!

marcpod :

can test it

Customer :

Okay thanks, XXXXX XXXXX tomorrow.

marcpod :

I am looking for the other fuse or links before you go I would like you to check

Customer :

ok

marcpod :

Is that a 150 amp fuse

Customer :

yes

marcpod :

that is the right one then hold on I want to take a another look around. before you go!

marcpod :

Ok looks good just that one and once you find it is good or bad let me know we will then have to look at the wiring for damage at the grounds but I want to do the easy one first!

Customer :

okay thanks

marcpod :

Your welcome, hopefully that is just it.

marcpod :

that should be it though.

Customer :

Me too

Customer :

I will let you know what I find out tomorrow.

marcpod :

ok sounds good! Have a great night.

Customer :

You too thanks!!

Experience: BASF, i-car, 18 yrs exp/collision/ mechanical/ licensed adjsuter
Expert:  marcpod replied 3 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.