Cardoctor74
Cardoctor74, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE master technician
3827149

I have a 1999 Mazda Demio. The Airbag light has started flashing

I have a 1999 Mazda Demio. The Airbag light has started flashing in a sequence of 6 flashes, followed by a pause then 6 more and so on. I also note that the horn has stopped too. The horn fuse is intact.

I assume this 6 flashes indicate a particular fault code, but I can't find anything online to help. My local dealer is no use (Aberdeen, Scotland). They just say bring it in!
If the horn is not working the problem is the cable reel behind the steering wheel . This also grounds the horn circuit . So when this fails you will get those codes and the horn will not operate . Need to replaced the cable reel next also known as the clock spring.Hoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks. Any tips on how to remove it? Do I lever off the horn pad first?
Need to disconnect the battery then remove the drives airbag then the steering wheel to replace it . Hoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated .