jettadan1
jettadan1, Technician
Experience:  Mazda Technician
17254274

2000 mazda mpv: the ignition coil pack i..cylinder..firing

Customer Question

i drive a 2000 mazda mpv i am having problems with the ignition coil pack i have now been threw my third one in a week and it seems i need a new one already again cylinder one keeps goin out and i can not figure out y its the only one on the pack that will quit firing after a few days any suggestion?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  jettadan1 replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
jettadan1 :

Have you checked connections and wiring?

Customer :

yes i have replaced complete wireset, spark plugs

Customer :

gap is correct on plugs and all wires are snug on both plug and pack

jettadan1 :

is yours the lx dx or es

Customer :

i believe its the lx it has the sunroof in it

jettadan1 :

Lets test coil

jettadan1 :

click here. and here

Customer :

yea done that as well and its just cylinder 1 on the pack that keeps going this last time the pack wasnt even on for 2 hrs b4 it went out

jettadan1 :

have you replaced coil

Expert:  jettadan1 replied 4 years ago.
If you need any help on the testing I sent let me know i suspect the coil but dont want to throw parts at it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes i replaced the coil and now i have it on warenty so im waiting for the new one to come in but it will b the thind one in the last couple of days the last one only worked for about 5 minets
Expert:  jettadan1 replied 4 years ago.

click here for for list of ignition componants. I just need to know if you have replaced coil packs or coil. you have refered to both. Have you replaced both?

Thanks I just want to be sure so I help you best

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes
Expert:  jettadan1 replied 4 years ago.
ok both and the ignition switch and wiring. Have checked those and tested.