George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  15+Years
13574682

no pressure in my clutch pedal goes to the floor with ease

no pressure in my clutch pedal goes to the floor with ease 1993 miata

Hello I will help you with your question,

If the reservoir is low you have a leak in the hydraulic system. I recommend replacing both the mmaster and slave cylinders and bleeding the system. Your pedal should be restored after that.

let me know what I can do to help you with this

Thank you

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
would this be a through out bearing
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
how do you bleed the system

The throw out bearing would not cause the pedal to drop to the floor, it may be noisy but it is a direct connection from the clutch lever to the pressure plate and cannot fail this way.

To bleed the system you will open the bleed screw on the slave cylinder and keeping the clutch master reservoir full (use a helper) use your hand to slowly depress the pedal halfway and slowly pull it back to the top. Do this three times slowly then close the bleed screw and wash all fluid off the vehicle with water.

You will be adding brake fluid and it will eat paint so clean it off at once.

Click here for the shop procedure.

This shows a bottle and hose to bleed but that is not necessary, the system will gravity bleed if you just open the bleed screw.

Let me know what I can do to help

Thank you

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks George
How much do you think it will cost to have both cylinders replaced by a professional and how much do you think the cost of both cylinders would cost to buy?

Reman cylinders are widely available and would run about $40 for the master and $35 for the slave. To have them installed would take about 2 hours at an independent shop and the shop rate is $80 - $110 per hour.