George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  15+Years
13574682

1992 mazda;b2600 how do you get engine fault codes and turn

1992 mazda;b2600 how do you get engine fault codes and turn check engine light off?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  George H. replied 4 years ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

It is likely that there are no codes stored. The check engine light will be turned on when it is time to change the oxygen sensor. There are two connectors under the dash on the left end that one hangs free while the other is connected. You swap from one connector to the other and the light is reset for another 60,000 miles. If the light comes on after removing battery power but the truck runs fairly normally the connectors need to be swapped.

Let me know if this is the case I can tell you how to pull codes but you will not lose any if you disconnect the battery as any codes will set again when you start the engine. The codes are on a one at a time basis. You pull a code, repair the problem, disconnect the battery and if another or the same code sets again you work on that

Let me know what I can do to help you with this

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hello; I swapped the connectors as you suggested,started the truck and check engine light went out. Is this all

that needs to be done? Thanks;

Expert:  George H. replied 4 years ago.

That is all that needs to be done!

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help

Thanks

George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 15+Years