Ryan
Ryan, Engineer
Experience:  B.S. in Civil Engineering
40260889

This isn't really homework, but more like a work assignment.

Customer Question

This isn't really homework, but more like a work assignment. I was wondering if you could assist me with this problem.
If I am given a min point starting wage of 15.83 and a midpoint of 20.57 and a max of 25.32 how can I spread this out in proportional increase on a 16 year scale.
I know that the difference from the min to the mid is 30% and the mid to the max is 23% and the min to the max is 60%. But I am having a mental block as to try to spread the min to the max over 16 years...
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Math Homework
Expert:  Ryan replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for using the site. I'll be happy to help you with this.

Do you want to distribute these so that the increase from year to year is a consistent percentage, or did you have something different in mind?

Ryan

Expert:  Ryan replied 1 month ago.

By the way, noting your "see my example" comment, there is nothing showing up on my end. If you had tried to attach a file of some kind, then it didn't come through. Please try again if that is the case.

Expert:  Ryan replied 1 month ago.

Hi again,

Here are two different approaches. I suspect that the first one is the one that you want.

Wages

Clicking the above link will take you to a page where you can download the solutions as a Word document. Please let me know if you have any difficulty accessing this file.

Please feel free to ask if you have any additional questions about this.

Thanks,

Ryan