Ryan
Ryan, Engineer
Experience:  B.S. in Civil Engineering
40260889

Let me know if you have time to knock this out today.

Customer Question

RYAN let me know if you have time to knock this out today.
Category: Math Homework
Expert:  Ryan replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for requesting me. I'll be happy to take a look at your questions. Please post them at your convenience.

Thanks,

Ryan

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I attached the questions and a sample. It shows up on this side let me know if you can see it.
Expert:  Ryan replied 5 months ago.

Ok, I have them now.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Let me know if you are able to help.
Expert:  Ryan replied 5 months ago.

Hi again,

I'm sorry about the delay in replying.

The sample problem document does not seem to be related to the current problems. It looks like the ones that we worked on last time.

Ryan

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I thought so too but that's what I was given.
Expert:  Ryan replied 5 months ago.

You might ask your instructor, since the content of the document doesn't match the title. Maybe you were given the wrong document.

In the meantime, I'll see what I can do with these.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Here is the only other thing they gave.
Expert:  Ryan replied 5 months ago.

Is there a textbook that your course is using, or any other course material that you can refer to?

Unfortunately, what I am finding is a great variety of different types of notation, etc, which will make it nearly impossible to provide solutions that will match what your course is teaching.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Its weird this module has no lesson or book reference. Usually We have something that we read or watch. we are using the book Elements of the Nature and properties of soil.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Determining the Direction of Water Flow in Soils and calculating total flux of water in soils.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Did you see the soil water calculations tutorial I posted?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Does this help?
Expert:  Ryan replied 5 months ago.

Yes. Unfortunately the "soil water calculation tutorial" didn't help with the current problems.

I haven't been able to find an online version of the textbook that I can read. I was able to request the book from a library, but it will take a few days for it to be shipped to my local library. While that won't help get this done today, it may help with some future assignments.

The HW5 document would help more if I had the diagram that went with that particular problem.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The HW5 I attached is the answer to question 1 I believe.
Expert:  Ryan replied 5 months ago.

That was my initial expectation...but it doesn't fit. For one thing, the part about water flowing from "left to right" doesn't correspond with the positions of point A and point B in the diagram.

Expert:  Ryan replied 5 months ago.

Hi again,

I think that this is what they are looking for:

HW5

I'd appreciate hearing about any feedback that you receive about this.

If you are satisfied with the service that you received, please be sure to provide a rating. Please also consider rating the answers that I previously provided you concerning the soil samples.

Thanks,

Ryan

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can't download things from that website.
Expert:  Ryan replied 5 months ago.

Are there any file sharing sites that will work for you?

Would email work better? (Note that the site requires a small additional charge for that service.)

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I attach stuff as a word document. Can it not be attached that way?
Expert:  Ryan replied 5 months ago.

Try the link following this post. Please let me know if you have any trouble accessing the file that way.

Thanks,

Ryan