Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550

I have two small assignments due tomorrow evening. One

Customer Question

I have two small assignments due tomorrow evening. One requires using IBM's SPSS and the other involves reviewing scenarios. I will need to send the tutor SPSS data. I used Glenn last week and he was good. If he is unavailable then any capable tutor will work. These assignments do not require showing math. The class requires SPSS readouts and explanations only.
Category: Math Homework
Expert:  GLENN replied 2 months ago.

Hi

Thank you for using this site. Can you kindly post the complete question with data?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Assignment 1: Testing Hypotheses for Means
This week you have explored three different approaches to t tests. By this point, you know that each test has assumptions about the data and type of research questions it can answer. For this Assignment, you will be provided with three scenarios. As you read the scenarios, be sure and think about aligning the appropriate t test with the question. Consider whether the data are independent samples and if two samples are being compared.
To prepare for this Assignment:
Review the Learning Resources and the media programs related to t tests.
Also, review the t test scenarios (Below) and consider the three different approaches of t tests:
Independent sample t test
Paired sample t test
One sample t test
Based on each of the three research scenarios provided, open the High School Longitudinal Study dataset or the Afrobarometer dataset from this week’s Learning Resources using SPSS software, then choose and run the appropriate t test.For this Assignment:
Write a 2- to 3-paragraph analysis of your t test results for each research scenario and include the SPSS syntax and output.Based on your results, provide an explanation of what the implications of social change might be. If this question does not make sense to you then leave it for me. The school is into social change.Scenarios
1. As an international development researcher, you would like to know African Citizen’s perceptions about current levels of democracy. Your working hypothesis is that a series of reforms have increased African views of the level of democracy today. You do not have a good research design to compare attitudes before and after the reforms, but know that leaders and development experts would like to see a value of 6, on the scale of 1–10. Using the data from the 2015 Afrobarometer, determine whether perceptions about current levels of democracy statistically differ from a value of 6. Please provide: a 1–2 APA style paragraph statement that furnishes an answer to this question, note the relevant statistics, comment on meaningfulness and include your relevant SPSS output.
2. As an international development researcher, you have already tested whether perceptions about the current levels of democracy differ from a value of 6. Given recent social change movements in North Africa, you now want to determine whether there is a statistical difference in these perceptions between North Africa and Southern Africa. Using the data from the 2015 Afrobarometer, please provide: a 1–2 APA style paragraph statement that furnishes an answer to this question, note the relevant statistics, comment on meaningfulness, and include your relevant SPSS output.
3. As an educational researcher, would like to know whether high school student’s perceptions about mathematical utility changed between their freshman and senior year. Each respondent is asked the same series of questions about the utility of mathematics in their future during their freshman and senior year. These questions are combined to form one variable of mathematical utility; higher values indicate higher levels of mathematical utility. Using the High School Longitudinal Survey, please provide: a 1–2 APA style paragraph statement that furnishes an answer to this question, note the relevant statistics, comment on meaningfulness, and include your relevant SPSS output.Assignment 2: t Tests in Practice
The practice of quantitative research not only involves statistical calculations and formulas but also involves the understanding of statistical techniques related to real world applications. You might not become a quantitative researcher nor use statistical methods in your profession, but as a consumer, citizen, and scholar-practitioner, it will be important for you to become a critical consumer of research, which will empower you to read, interpret, and evaluate the strength of claims made in scholarly material and daily news.
For this Assignment, you will critically evaluate a scholarly article related to t tests.
To prepare for this Assignment:
Search for and select a quantitative article specific to your discipline and related to t tests. Help with this task may be found in the Course guide and assignment help linked in this week’s Learning Resources.
For this Assignment:
Write a 2- to 3-page critique of the article. In your critique, include responses to the following:
Why did the authors use this t test?
Do you think it’s the most appropriate choice? Why or why not?
Did the authors display the data?
Do the results stand alone? Why or why not?
Expert:  GLENN replied 2 months ago.

Hi

Is it possible to use other stat software aside from SPSS? (I thought you have a SPSS output and you only need an analysis/interpretation)

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Glenn, I have another option here...I could give you my next week assignment (which is not due until Wednesday) and give this one to another tutor who charges a lot more but can crank it out using SPSS.
Expert:  GLENN replied 2 months ago.

No problem. I am sorry, SPSS is not available in my PC right now. I will try to help you next time. I will just opt out on this so that other experts can help you immediately.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
O.K. I want to use you for future assignments.
Expert:  F. Naz replied 2 months ago.

Hello

I can help you in your second requirement in which critique analysis is requires so please let me know do you want help only for that as well as how many hours are remaining in your deadline, thanks.