Ryan
Ryan, Engineer
Experience:  B.S. in Civil Engineering
40260889

QUESTION 26 Independent random samples were taken from

Customer Question

QUESTION 26
Independent random samples were taken from normal distributions of the yearly production of ships built by the International Ship Building Company under (a) a fixed-position layout (n = 7) and (b) a project layout (n = 8). The company wants to know if the variances in the yearly production of ships for the 2 layouts are equal. The sample variances (s2) are: fixed-position layout = 9, project layout = 4. Use .10 for the level of significance.
QUESTION 27
An advertising firm is trying to determine the demographics for a new product. They have randomly selected 75 people in each of 5 different age groups and introduced the product to them. The results of the survey are given below. At a = 0.01, test whether there is any difference in projected buying patterns among the different age groups.
FUTURE ACTIVITY
AGE GROUP
18-29
30-39
40-49
50-59
60+
Buy frequently
12
18
17
22
32
Seldom buy
18
25
29
24
30
Never buy
45
32
29
29
13
The manager of the Neuse River Bridge is concerned about the number of cars “running” the toll gates and is considering altering the toll-collection procedure if such alteration would be cost-effective. She randomly sampled 16 hours to determine the rate of violation. The resulting numbers of violations per hour were: 7, 6, 5, 8, 9, 7, 10, 4, 5, 7, 6, 8, 6, 9, 8, 7. Determine the 95% confidence interval for the population mean (µ).
Category: Math Homework
Expert:  Ryan replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for using the site. I'll be happy to help you with these problems. I'll have the solutions posted for you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Ryan

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks. I need it in 2 hours. Is that ok?
Expert:  Ryan replied 2 months ago.

That shouldn't be any problem.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it would be so great if you could answer is faster,
Expert:  Ryan replied 2 months ago.

I'm working on them right now.

Expert:  Ryan replied 2 months ago.

Hi again,

Here are the solutions:

Statistics

Clicking on the above link will take you to a page where you can download the solutions as a Word document.

Please feel free to ask if you have questions about any of these solutions.

Thanks,

Ryan