Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550

Create a Microsoft® Excel® spreadsheet with the two variables

Customer Question

Create a Microsoft® Excel® spreadsheet with the two variables from your learning team's dataset.
Analyze the data with Microsoft® Excel® or other statistical tool(s), including:
Descriptive stats for each numeric variable
Histogram for each numeric variable
Bar chart for each attribute (non numeric) variable
Scatter plot if the data contains two numeric variables
Determine the appropriate descriptive statistics.
For normally distributed data use the mean and standard deviation.
For significantly skewed data use the median and interquartile range.
Use the Individual Methodology Findings Template to complete the descriptive statistics.
Use the Descriptive Statistics and Interpretation Example to develop an interpretation of the descriptive statistics.
Category: Math Homework
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Independent variable is car model and emission percentage from different types of cars in the quantitative dependent variable
Expert:  Ryan replied 7 months ago.
Hi, Thank you for using the site. I'll be happy to help you with this project. I have concerns about the choice of variables though. "Car model" is at best an ordinal level variable, and will make for a very uninformative bar chart since you would likely have only one of each car model. I also have no idea what "emission percentage" would mean, or what a reasonable value would be. Can you use something like vehicle weight and EPA-estimated gas mileage instead? Thanks, Ryan
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
For this research project, the model vehicle was the qualitative independent variable (IV), while the emission percentage from the different type of cars was the quantitative dependent variable (DV).
Based on the business dilemma identified by the stakeholder, the research question for this study was:
RQ: Are all Jeetle models emitting excessive CO2emissions than Maudi models?
Based on this research question, the hypotheses for the study were:
HO: Are all Jeetle models exceedingCO2emissions standards based on the Maudi model.
HA: All Jeetle models are not exceeding CO2emission standards based on the Maudi model.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
This was my groups IV and DV
Expert:  Ryan replied 7 months ago.
I'm sorry about the delay in replying. I've been pondering over this for a bit. If you were to create your data set so that you have emissions measurements from multiple vehicles of each Jeetle model, then you might be able to shoe-horn all of this into the template that you are supposed to use for this project. For instance, you might have 5 different emissions values for "Model 1", 4 different emissions values for "Model 2", 6 different emissions values for "Model 3", etc. Then you could at least create a bar chart for your IV that wasn't just a row of bars all with a height of 1. Do you have a data set for this yet?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I do not have a data set
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I think this is supposed to be all hypothetical
Expert:  Ryan replied 7 months ago.
Ok, no problem. I can create a fictional data set. Can you attach the template that you are supposed to use?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I think this is the template we are to use
Expert:  Ryan replied 7 months ago.
Yep, that's what I was looking for. Is there a specific deadline for completion?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I need it by tonight. Preferbly by 8:30 or nine
Expert:  Ryan replied 7 months ago.
8:30 in which time zone?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Eastern
Expert:  Ryan replied 7 months ago.
Ok.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Ryan replied 7 months ago.
Here is the completed project: JeetleEmissions (Word) JeetleEmissions (Excel) Thanks, Ryan