Ryan
Ryan, Engineer
Experience:  B.S. in Civil Engineering
40260889

Final Project, Part IIMultiple Regression AnalysisTo

Customer Question

Final Project, Part IIMultiple Regression AnalysisTo prepare for this second Final Project assignment, it is suggested that you review pertinent information presented in previous weeks of this course (e.g., topics related to hypothesis testing, descriptive statistics, and measure of central tendency).To complete the assignment, use the saved version of the VirginiaHospitals_2001-2005 database to create a new worksheet by copying and pasting the variables listed below.Next, run a multiple regression model using 2005 data that has Total operating expense_05 as the dependent variable and the following variables as independent predictors:Staffed beds_05
Medicare Days_05
Medicaid Days_05
Total Surgeries_05
RN FTE_05
Occupancy
Ownership
System Membership
Rural/Urban
Teaching Affiliation
Age 65+
Crime Rate
Uninsured
Then, write a 2- to 3-page paper in which you:Specify the model in terms of a regression equation.
For each predictor variable, state a hypothesis based on your understanding of the expected relationship of that variable to the dependent variable and provide your rationale for the stated hypothesis.
Report summary descriptive statistics for each of the variables in your model (mean or percentage, and standard deviation).
Report the coefficient and the sign (plus [+] or minus [–]) for each variable and the statistical significance of each variable (level of significance or nonsignificance), as well as the R-square for the model.
Interpret the findings and explain what they would mean to a health care professional working in a hospital setting.
Your written assignments must follow APA guidelines. Be sure to support your work with specific citations from this week's Learning Resources and additional scholarly sources as appropriate. Refer to the Essential Guide to APA Style to ensure your in-text citations and reference list are correct.
Category: Math Homework
Expert:  Ryan replied 7 months ago.
Hi, Thank you for the new request. I'll be happy to help you with this. Please let me know when the due date is for this project. Thanks, Ryan
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sunday 11:59 p.m. Mountain Time (MT).
Expert:  Ryan replied 7 months ago.
Ok, thanks. I'll have this posted for you well before then.
Expert:  Ryan replied 7 months ago.
Hi, Do you have any additional explanation for what some of the variables in the data set actually mean? For instance, I don't know precisely what is meant by "Medicare Days" and "Medicaid Days", so I'm having a hard time explaining what a reasonable expectation would be for the model. The info that is contained on the second sheet of the Excel file was of limited use. Thanks, Ryan
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Medicaid days is the total number of days patients with Medicaid insurance stayed at the hospital, and Medicare is the total number of days patients with Medicare insurance stayed at the hospital. \thanks
Expert:  Ryan replied 7 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** Do you have a complete list for all of the variables used in this project?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Unfortunately no, but if you have any question incan explain
Expert:  Ryan replied 7 months ago.
Do you have any additional information about what "system membership" actually entails? I can sort of guess, but if there is any specific information given that would be helpful. Also, what does the "Age 65 Plus" variable represent? Is it just the portion of the listed "total population" that meets the age criteria?
Expert:  Ryan replied 7 months ago.
Hi, Here are the results: VirginaHospitals (Word) VirginiaHospitals_2001-2005-3 (Excel) (the modified data file) VirginiaRegression (the regression analysis results) The last two files are included for your use if needed. Please feel free to ask if you have any questions about this solution. Thanks, Ryan