Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550

Any one can help with Fuzzy Logic question?

Customer Question

Hi,, any one can help with Fuzzy Logic question?
Category: Math Homework
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is Greg.

Can you post the question so I can take a look at what you need?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
There are four questions.. thank you in advance1. Suppose there is a numeric rating system for politicians, under which a politician can score anything from 0 to 100. We can define fuzzy sets for politicians: Awful, Bad, Mediocre, Good, Great in the natural way.
Create a set of Fuzzy Inference rules that will allow the calculation of a politician's numeric rating. You will probably want to identify a number of measurable quantities and fuzzy sets.
For example, one possible rule might be “If Lies Told is Very Low and Concern for Citizens is Very High, then the politician is Great”, and another might be “If Response Time is Slow or Level of Activity is Low, then the politician is Bad”
You should come up with at least four measurable quantities, and at least six inference rules that would relate your measurables to the fuzzy sets for politicians.
If you can't bear the idea of thinking about politicians (and I don't blame you), then choose another profession such as “doctor” or “teacher” or “journalist” or “circus performer” or where-ever your imagination takes you.2. Choose a t-norm other than t(x,y) = min(x,y), and discuss a practical application from the literature in which this t-norm is used.3. Discuss an example of a situation in your daily life where you (perhaps without realizing it) have applied fuzzy logic to make decisions.4. Let C be a closed simple curve in the plane (that is, C is the result of putting a pen on a sheet of paper, then drawing a line that ends where it started, and never crosses itself).
A perfect circle is easy to define: C consists of all points in the plane that are exactly the same distance from some specific point (x,y).
Define a fuzzy set “Circle” in which closed curves have membership ranging from 0 to
1. Decide what attributes of the curve you will measure, and how you will relate them to membership in “Circle”. You can use knowledge of geometry, but you don't have to give detailed formulas for the measurable attributes you use. An example might be:
1. Find the centre of area of C – call it p
2. Find the distance from p to the closest point on C – call this d1
3. Find the distance from p to the furthest point on C – call this d2
4. Compute d1/d2 as the membership of C in “Circle”

After going through my resources, I do not have what is necessary to complete at this time.

I am opting out and opening up to the other professionals and messaging a couple who might be able to help.

Someone should be with you shortly.