Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550

I am suppose to analyze variables in a data set and gpa. I

Customer Question

I am suppose to analyze variables in a data set for gender and gpa. I am suppose to provide a context of theis data set including a definition of the variables(predictor, outcome) and corresponding scales of measurement. And I am suppose to specify the sample size of the data
I AM REALLY CONFUSED ABOUT HOW TO DO THIS.
Descriptive Statistics
N Minimum Maximum Mean Std. Deviation
gender 105 1 2 1.39 .490
gpa 105 1.14 4.00 2.7789 .76380
Valid N (listwise) 105
Category: Math Homework
Expert:  Math-Stat replied 9 months ago.

Hi

thank you for using this site. What kind of analysis do you need to do? Correlation? regression? Please specify. Thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This class eludes me. The subject of the assignment is t Tests. I am using the SPSS to check assumptions and calculating the independent samples t test... that part was easy, I put the table in the original question to you. The part I am having a hard time with is figuring out what the professor wants from me or where to find the answers. She specifically asked for context for the data set, including a definition of required variables and scales of measurement......maybe it is this document ( I will attach). I apologize for my ignorance!

hi, do we need to use SPSS here?

If SPSS is not required in answering this, I can help you, but if we need SPSS, I think I will just opt out (I do not have SPSS right now) please reply asap. Thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No you personally do not need SPSS, I can manuver through my application, I just dont know how to evaluate and write up the information from the results of the data, and the document is in Word format

Are there any more questions from your teacher aside from this? I mean, are there specific questions, like " Use t test to compare ,......" etc. ?

another question, are you the one who directly answered the entries in the table you just attached? or You just copy this from SPSS?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
there are definitely more questions, I do not need help on the SPSS portion of the assignment, i just dont know how to write up the other parts. I will send you the assignment.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the SPSS data set was within the grades.sav document I opened with the SPSS. I just adjusted the scale of measurements and values from the document into the SPSS

I am sorry, will just opt out so that other experts can help you.