Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550

The guidance system of a ship has four modules. Suppose a backup

Customer Question

The guidance system of a ship has four modules. Suppose a backup system containing the identical three modules will be added to the ship. Now keep in mind
the reliability of the system was 4 modules, .92, .92, .95, and .97. With the backup in place. what is reliability of ship system now
Category: Math Homework
Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! Thank you for using the site. I'll be happy to help you with this problem.
I'm a bit confused about the problem statement here. The original system has FOUR modules, and the backup system has "the identical THREE modules". I'm not sure which three modules are in the backup system.
Can you clarify this at all?
Thanks,
Ryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The original four modules reliability is .92, .92, .95, and .97. Suppose a backup system containing the identical three modules will be added to the ship. The backup will be switched on automatically if the first system fails. With the backup in place, what is the reliability of the ship's guidance? Please show your calculations. Also, if this increases the cost of the guidance system by 25% should it be included in the design??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need this answer like NOW. If I can't, then I have no need for this service.
Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry, I'll have to opt out of this question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NEVER MIND