Ryan
Ryan, Engineer
Experience:  B.S. in Civil Engineering
40260889

Need the answers and to the attached example homework

Customer Question

Category: Math Homework
Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! Thank you for using the site.
As of this moment, the attachment is not showing up on my end. If you have already attached them, let's give it a few minutes to show up as there is occasionally a delay. If you have NOT yet attached them, then please do so at your convenience.
Thanks,
Ryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
trying to attached and the system doesn't let me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
attached are the questions
Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I have the file downloaded.
Please let me know if there is a specific deadline for these.
Thanks,
Ryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, today 12 pm
Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.
I assume that by "12 pm" you mean midnight. Which time zone is that in?
Ryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
eastern time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes midnight
Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.
Ok, no problem. I'll have these posted for you before then.
I assume that work needs to be shown.
Ryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes please
Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.
Here are the solutions:
Solutions
Please feel free to ask if you have questions about any of these solutions.
Thanks,
Ryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There were two attachments. I don't see the second attachment which was a stock problem. Did you get it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This was the other page
Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.
The two documents that were originally attached were identical. This happens quite often, so it didn't even occur to me that there might be two different files.
I have the second file now.
Ryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay sorry about that
Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.
No problem. It happens.
Here is the solution for the stock problem:
StockPrices
And here is a corrected file for the first set. I discovered a couple of addition errors in the first problem. The corrections changed some of the intermediate numbers, but had no effect on the conclusion of the hypothesis test.
Statistics2
Ryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
having a problem with the stock prices. how did you come up with the random number lis and the counting from the top of the list selecting the closing prices
Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.
The problem statement refers to a table of random numbers in "Appendix B" of your textbook. This table was not included in the file that you posted, but I assumed that it was the same as previous versions of this problem since nothing else has changed in this problem.
If you can, please post a copy of the table from your textbook and I will double-check to confirm that the random numbers are the same.
Ryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Counting from the top of the list and selecting the closing prices for the stocks which correspond to the listed index values (after sorting the index values), the sampled stock prices are:279.63 69.50 64.99 134.00 2.42 19.19
12.51 1.29 21.03 17.49 42.98 17.08
Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.
Ok, that is the same table.
So, when you take the first line of that table in groups of three digits, you get the following list:
027
110
818
275
997
798
665
809
583
319
802
957
974
174
599
843
The last two digits in the first line (79), will be combined with the first digit in the second line from the table (9) to form the value 799. Continue this process, taking sets of three digits from the table.
Then, you only want to keep those three digit values which are less than 201, since we have 200 values in the stock table. From the above list, the only values that would be kept are:
027
110
174
You need to take enough three-digit groupings from the random number table to get 12 useful values. The first 12 three-digit values which are less than 201 are given in the solution file.
Once you have those 12 values, use them to identify stocks from the table, counting down each column. The first column thus has index values from 1 to 50, the second column from 51 to 100, the third column from 101 to 150, and the last column from 151 to 200.
The first index value in our list is 027. Counting down 27 entries in the first column of the stock price column takes you to "IntlSurg", which had a closing price of $279.63.
The second index value (after they are all sorted) is 053. The corresponding entry will be in the second column since this index value is between 50 and 100. Starting with 51 at the top of the column and counting down the column to 53 takes you to the entry for "HaderaPap", which had a closing price of $69.50.
Continuing this process for all 12 of the index values listed results in the set of prices given in the solution file.
I hope this helps to clarify the process. If you still have questions about this, please don't hesitate to ask.
Thanks,
Ryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
by any chance do you do macroeconomics
Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.
It would really depend on the question, and how math-oriented it is. Some macroeconomics questions might need to be placed in a different category, in which case I wouldn't be permitted to answer them as I am only admitted to the math categories on this site.
I'll be happy to look at the questions though and let you know.
Ryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
here you go
Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry to say that I have no idea how to approach that. I would suggest that you try posting that particular assignment in the Business and Finance Homework category.
Thanks,
ryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay on this site
Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it is a separate category on this site.
Ryan