R.R. Jha
R.R. Jha, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  Math Expert

I need this in Excel, I can provide you the data in an excel

I need this in Excel, I can provide you the data in an excel sheet. It will not post here.

The executives at CBC want to see how they are doing in ratings against the other networks and how the ratings will continue to change in the upcoming months. They also want to know if hiring stars makes a difference and the impact of fact based programming compared to hiring stars.
1. Descriptive statistics:
What is the average rating for all CBC movies? How about ABN movies and BBS movies? Include a table that shows the average and the other descriptive statistics for the ratings of the three networks (one column for each network). Comment on which network is doing best and
what you learn from the other key metrics in the table.

2. Charting:
Create a line graph of the monthly average ratings for CBC for the year. Note that there are multiple ratings data for the months; you will need to calculate an average for each month and
then plot the averages. After you create the graph, fit a linear trend line, displaying the formula and the r-squared. Explain to the executives if you can use this time series data to forecast the
ratings of upcoming months. How accurate can you expect this forecast to be?

3. Hypothesis testing :
Should the CBC hire stars for their movies? To answer this question, run a hypothesis test to see if there is a significant difference between the ratings of movies with stars vs. movies without stars. Use the data for CBC movies only. Use 95% confidence. Explain your answer-
do not simply say yes or no without referring to the relevant figures.

4. Regression:
CBC Management has several questions: Which has more impact on a movie’s rating: that it is fact based or that it has one star? How much does each of these factors change the ratings? Do you expect a fact based movie that does not have any stars to get better ratings than a
fiction movie with one star? Run a multiple regression where the dependent variable is ratings and the independent variables are star and fact. Use data from all networks, not just CBC movies. How well does this regression analysis explain the ratings? Justify your answers
based on the results.
Welcome to our forum!

I'm RRJha and I'd be glad to help with your question. Please send the excel file. You may upload it at or and post file download link here.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Here is the link:

Thank you!

Received it. I'll send your answer asap.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much, I will be waiting!

You're welcome
Please download file below

Please leave a rating.

Let me know if you've any other problems I could help with. Just add 'For RRJha' at the start of your question and I'll get back to you.