R.R. Jha
R.R. Jha, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  Math Expert
20870358

SPSS and Descriptive Statistics (50pts) This project is design

SPSS and Descriptive Statistics (50pts)
This project is design to familiarize you with the utility and value of data entry, analysis, and interpretation using
SPSS. Projects are to be worked on and completed by the student individually; you may use your textbook and
lecture notes. Provide an answer cover sheet indicating your final answers and the page number in your
document for which the work for those answers can be found. Submit your project as one electronic document
to the appropriate SPSS Project link. Completed projects are due on the date listed in the course schedule. There
are two main components of this project:
1) Hand Calculations : Remember to show all your work (including formulas) and clearly denote answers
by circling or placing a square around your answer(s). Failure to demonstrate the computational steps
you have taken in your calculations (compute answers to the 3rd decimal place) will result in a loss of
points.
2) SPSS write up of the output: You must include a screen shot of your data view with the variables listed
and all relevant SPSS output in the order listed in the exercise. Copy and paste your output tables and
graphics into your word document so you can resize and economize on space. Annotate your output
(using comment box tool in MS Word) indicating where in the output you can find the answers; make it
obvious to the grader. Include a summary (1-2 paragraphs) of your results. This is a description of what
your output demonstrates in regards ***** ***** the research question. Your summary will be typed
and written up in APA style (double-spaced, TNR, 12-point font, 1-inch margins) and include the values
of the mean(s), standard deviation(s), and range(s).
Ms. Faeghon loves to garden. This year she is growing a variety of squash on her farm and wants to test whether or
not a store bought fertilizer is better than her own compost pile fertilizer. To test this she has planted squash in
Plot A using a store bought fertilizer and in Plot B she has planted squash using her compost fertilizer. Specifically
she is interested in the quantity and the size of the squash produced in each acre. Below is a listing of the number
of squash collected in each corresponding acre and the weights of each squash (in ounces). Note: There is no
missing data for this assignment.
Plot A
59 62 67 75 77 79 84 58 63 72 69 73 78 80 87
63 64 67 70 74 81 89 59 65 68 76 107 83 79 95
72 89 110 49 67 44 65 92 39 64
Plot B
47 61 72 63 56 54 67 75 91 72 83 140 31
37 25 38 57 62 49 205 66 39 43 81 66 78
42 29 190 64 76 54 38 67 61 33 48 55 59
68 18 49 37 83 70 154 91 50 58 66
1) By hand, calculate the following for each plot, then for the entire garden (both plots combined) ….
a. Range of squash weights (3pt)
b. The average weight of squash (3pt)
c. The squash weight that divides the distribution of weights in half (3pt)
d. The most frequently occurring squash weight (3pt)
e. The standard deviation of squash weight from the average weight (9pt)
2) Through SPSS,
a. Construct a frequency table and the appropriate graphical display representing squash weights for each
plot and then the entire garden. (3pt)
i. What is the shape of the distribution of weights for all squash of the entire garden? (1pt)
ii. What measure of central tendency should be used to describe the entire garden? (1pt)
iii. For Plot A what percent of the distribution is attributed to a squash weight of 72 ounces? (2pt)
iv. For Plot B, the top 20% of all squash are above what weight? (2pt)
b. Analyze the squash weights listed above, determine the following using the descriptives command for
each plot and the entire garden. (1.5pt)
i. Range of squash weights (1.5 pt)
ii. The average weight of squash in the garden (1.5 pt)
iii. The standard deviation of squash weight from the average weight (1.5 pt)
c. Transform the data of Plot A into z-scores (1pt)
i. What is the z-score for X = 78 (1pt)
ii. What is the z-score for X = 39 (1pt)
iii. What is the X value that corresponds to z = 1.50? (1pt)
iv. What is the X value that corresponds to z = 0.01? (1pt)
d. Ms. Thompson discovered that after weighing all the squash in Plot B her scale was not calibrated.
Therefore, all her squash weights for Plot B were over the actual weight by 3.8 ounces. Compute a new
variable for Plot B with the new recalculated accurate squash weights. Label this variable NewPlotB.
Analyze the data in NewPlotB with the frequencies command to find the following… (2pt)
i. Range of squash weights (.5pt)
ii. The average weight of squash (.5pt)
iii. The squash weight that divides the distribution of weights in half (.5pt)
iv. The most frequently occurring squash weight (.5pt)
v. The standard deviation of squash weight from the average weight (.5pt)
vi. The range of squash weights for the middle 50% (.5pt)
e. Save your data file.
3) SPSS Summary: From the data listed above on Plot A and New Plot B, which fertilizer is bett
Category: Math Homework
Expert:  StatisticsExpert replied 1 year ago.
Hi, When do you need the solution?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

11:59pm but if its later than that I lose points.

Please specify how much time is remaining ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The 11:59pm deadline has passed so at this point the quicker it's submitted the less points I will lose for a grade. Meaning it needs to be turned in ASAP!!!!!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I was contacting you to see had there been any update with the question I submitted. I really need some assistance.

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I’m Josie a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from an other one of our professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Josie,

Thanks for your reply. I really would like some assistance with this question but if this carries over to the next day, then I will probably look elsewhere for help.I really did not attend to pay 60 dollars to be asked questions about my question but if you can find someone to solve this question correctly then it would be greatly appreciated.

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Thank you for your reply.

Moderators work to help customers like you work with the professionals on the site, there is no charge to you for that work. Also, you have made a good faith deposit, which you can use to pay for a helpful answer, or have refunded upon your request.

We will continue to look for a professional to assist you.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,

Josie~Moderator

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.

I'd be glad to help with your question. Could you possibly send the original document or any related files for these questions? You can upload it at wikisend.com or mediafire.com and post file download link here. Let me know.

Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Do you have an email address I can send it to because I'm having difficulty uploading the document.

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, we aren't allowed email communication. You may also attach the file directly here. Just type some text in reply box, select the text, then use the link icon from reply toolbar (just right of smiley icon).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello, here are the links. I hope this is what you need.

http://wikisend.com/download/340940/SPSS Project 1.pdf

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Yes, received it. I'll work over this and get back to you by tomorrow.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Has there been any update on the question I submitted?

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.

I've been working on it. Have done most of the work. I'll complete it and post the answer before tonight.

Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Anytime
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Please download the project below

https://app.box.com/s/98jmx8ug1y2edvos58kg

Please leave a rating.

Thanks
R.R. Jha, Bachelor's Degree
Experience: Math Expert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You are definitely a life saver. I surely could use in the next few weeks. I will recommend you to all my friends. Thanks for all your help. Be on the look for a post from me soon.

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Most welcome!
You may ask for me by adding 'For RRJha' at the start of questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Will do. See you in a few weeks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

If possible can you please send me the link to download the assignment you completed for me. Here is the original download