Mark Twain
Mark Twain, Engineer
Experience:  I hold two engineering degrees, and have tutored math from high school through college calculus and differential equations
68930079

Continue the Springdale Shopping Survey at the end of Chapter

Continue the Springdale Shopping Survey at the end of Chapter 5 in the Integrated Cases section in Introduction to Business Statistics. You will again need the dataset in the file named SHOPPING that you downloaded from the Premium Web Site in module 1. Write a short report that includes an introduction, a conclusion paragraph and a body which answers fully the two questions posed in the problem. Please include any tables of calculations and graphs associated with this problem in the body. It should be double-spaced and in APA style format.

You can locate the dataset Shopping here:
http://wikisend.com/download/274360/

The contingency tables and relative frequency probabilities in this exercise are based on the springdale shopping survey database. Data are in the computer file Shopping . INformation like that gained from the two parts of this exercise could provide helpful insights into nature of the respondents, their perceptions, and their spending behaviors. IN particular, part 2 examines how conditional probabilities related to spending behavior might vary, depending on the gender of the respondent.

1. Based on the relative frequencies for respondents to each variable, determine the probability that a randomly selected respondent
A. [variable 4] spend at least $15 during a trip at springdale mall
B. [variable 5] spends at least $15 during a trip to downtown
C. [variable 6] spends at least $15 during a trip to west mall.
Comparing the preceding probabilities, which areas seem strongest and weakest in terms of the amount of money a shopper spends during a typical shopping visit?

D. [variable 11] feels that Springdale mall has the highest quality goods.
E. [variable 11] feels that downtown has the highest quality goods.
F. [variable 11] feels that west mall has the highest quality goods.
Compare the preceding probabilities, which areas are strongest and weakest interms of quality of goods offered.

2. Set up a contingency table for the appropriate variables, then determine the following probabilities:
A. [variable 4 and 26] Given that the random respondent is a female, what is the probability that she spends at least $15 during a trip to Springdale Mall? Is a male more likely or less likely than a female to send at least $15 during a visit to this area?
B. [variables 5 and 26] Given that the random respondent is a female, what is the probability that she spends at least $15 during a trip to Downtown? Is a male more likely or less likely than a female to send at least $15 during a visit to this area?
C. [variables 6 and 26] Given that the random respondent is a female, what is the probability that she spends at least $15 during a trip to West Mall? Is a male more likely or less likely than a female to send at least $15 during a visit to this area?

Based on the preceding probabilities, at which shopping areas are males and females most likely and least likely to spend $15 or more during a shopping visit?

This link doesn't work either. You will need to download the file to your computer and upload it via mediafire or dropbox. Once you've done that, you can post a link to the file in this thread.

-M

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok it is the same link I sent to the other assignment. Would you like me to re send to this question as well?

Yes, please post the link here as well. Thanks!

-M

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j07z0jqxksrbkgj/shopping.xlsx?n=205993467

or

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j07z0jqxksrbkgj/shopping.xlsx

Ok, thanks!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how is the assignment coming? what time can I look for an answer today?

I'm working on it now. I should be done some time this afternoon. I will post the solutions most likely by 3:00PM.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your help. What time can I expect this answer?

Within the next hour.

Here's the solution to this one:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/b33ge81p6e16l20/Springdale_Shopping_Survey_-_Chapter_5.docx

Thanks for your patience.

Let me know if you have any questions.

-M