Dr Arthur Rubin
Dr Arthur Rubin, Doctoral Degree
Experience:  Ph.D. in Mathematics, California Institute of Technology

I have 18 questions that I need solved. They are split into

I have 18 questions that I need solved. They are split into four parts and I need part one by 8/26. The topic is discrete math for information technology. All answers must be original. I will send a link to the file for anyone to review the questions.

Category: Math Homework
Expert:  Ryan replied 11 months ago.

Welcome! Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'll be happy to take a look at the problems. Please post the first set at your convenience.

Thanks.

Ryan
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Here is the link, but I want to keep this private so please let me know when you have downloaded it so I can remove the link.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0i2mLaSs35CRWpBbUlDelExdmM/edit?usp=sharing

Expert:  Ryan replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry but I will have to opt out of this one as some of these questions are outside my scope of experience.

One of the problems with the term "discrete math" is that it covers such a wide range of material that you never really know what you're going to get. I'm sorry that I can't help you with all of these particular problems.

Don't give up hope though. I believe that there are some experts on this site who do have experience with these types of problems.

With regret,

Ryan
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Not a problem, thanks.

Expert:  Ryan replied 11 months ago.

You're welcome. Hopefully you will get a response from another expert soon.

Ryan
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Relist: Other.
Expert passed on the offer.
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 11 months ago.

Could you please send the file again? I might be able to help with this.

Thanks
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Ok the link is active again.

Received it. I'd review it and get back to you soon.
I reviewed the questions. I'm not sure about 3-4 of them but can do the rest. Let me know.

Thanks
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

With only 18 questions 3-4 of them wrong would not be good. I would like to see if anyone else could do a little better. Thanks for taking the time to look at them.

Ok, I'll open this to others. Let me know anytime in case you want me to proceed.

Thanks
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Relist: Other.
Still looking for an expert.
Expert:  Dr Arthur Rubin replied 11 months ago.

I can do all but the following:

5.2-8 (I can't draw; I may be able to explain, but not draw)

7.1-6 and 7.3-6 (refers to the text for examples)

12.2-6 (I'd need to see your definition of preorder and postorder; the terms are not standardized, as far as I know)

Supplementary problem 5. (I'd need to see your definition of Boolean Algebra; I could give a proof, but I may quote a step which requires more work, given your definitions.)

I'm going to have to take off for a while; if this is satisfactory, or you can upload the information I would need in 12 hours (9 pm PDT), I can provide the information within another 12 hours. The uncertainty is not because of the amount of work involved (although it would take a while), but because of when I would have access.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Dr Arthur, would you be able to answer those questions if you had the book? I have a copy of the pdf but I would have to give you my credentials to log into it.

Also, just a reminder, I only need the first tab done by Monday. The other three tabs are not due until the following Monday.

I'm sure a "copy" of the book would allow me to answer the questions, but I'm not sure you may give me your credentials. Please contact the management to forward it, rather than posting it here.

I think I can manage the first tab, although I'll probably have to draw the answer and scan it for the first question.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

That's fine. Do you have a Gmail? I can share a document with my credentials and it will be private except for the Gmail account I authorize. If not could you please make a "fake" account just for this project? That way I can share anything with you that you need, but it will be private.

I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to contact me outside of JustAnswer. Let me check with the management.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Ok, that's fine I'm not trying to break the rules. I do not want to contact you outside of justanswer, I just want to give you access to a secure document.

Attached are (perhaps partial) answers to problem set 1.

A separate image of a tree with crossovers is attached here.

You probably should rewrite the commentary in your own words, as my style might be recognized. I apologize for having little to say about the O(f) problem; I can't think of 100 words that would be helpful. Please let me know if I'm on the right track.

I do have a request in to the management as to how you can upload the book key.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Wow you were not kidding when you said that you couldn't draw! Laughing Just kidding, I think they look good so far.

Thanks for making the request to management. If they want, I can give them my info to pass to you.

Thanks.

I'll complete answers to all except those that require checking the book sometime in the next 10 hours.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I managed to trick the book into printing as another pdf, seems to have worked. Here is the link to the book.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0i2mLaSs35CUUw5ZmZHNUxxTTg/edit?usp=sharing

OK, I've got it.

Here is the solution to the remaining problems, and here is the drawing for 7.3-6 (b).

If you need more explanation, please don't hesitate to ask.

Dr Arthur Rubin, Doctoral Degree
Experience: Ph.D. in Mathematics, California Institute of Technology
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Sorry I didn't get back with you sooner, I have been pretty busy. I will review everything tomorrow and if it is satisfactory I will complete the transaction then. Thank you.