Chirag
Chirag, Master's Degree
Experience:  Excellent Tutor with a long teaching experience at different levels.
13269833

1. (TCO 9) The hours of study and the final exam grades have

Customer Question

1. (TCO 9) The hours of study and the final exam grades have this type of relationship:
ŷ = 6.75(hours) + 37.45. Based on this linear regression equation, estimate the expected grade for a student spending 8 hours studying. Round your answer to two decimal places. (Points : 6)
91.45
54
93.42
89.45

2. (TCO 5) At a drive through window of a bank it’s found that 10 customers get served every 15 minutes. The bank’s manage is interested in finding a way to increase the number of customers that can be served. He thought that knowing the probability of serving 12 customers per 15 minutes could be helpful to him in the decision making process. Choose the best answer of the following: (Points : 6)
This is an example of a Poisson probability experiment
This is an example of a Binomial probability experiment
This is neither a Poisson nor a Binomial probability experiment
Not enough information to determine the type of experiment

3. (TCO 5) Microfracture knee surgery has a 75% chance of success on patients with degenerative knees. The surgery is performed on 5 patients. Find the probability of the surgery being successful on 3 or 4 patients? (Points : 6)
0.103516
0.659180
0.762695
0.642875

4. (TCO 5) It has been recorded that 10 people get killed by shark attack every year. What is the probability of having 7 or 8 people get killed by shark attack this year? (Points : 6)
0.130141
0.202678
0.220221
0.797321

5. (TCO 2) The median teaching hours for a full time faculty at a state university is eight hours per week. What does this tell you about the typical teaching hours for full time faculty at that university? (Points : 6)
Half of the full time faculties teach less than eight hours per week while half teaches more than eight hours per week.
The average teaching hours for full time faculty is eight hours per week.
More full time faculty teaches eight hours per week than any other number of teaching hours.
The number of teaching hours for full time faculty in not very consistent because eight is such a low number.

6. (TCO 6) Assuming that the data are normally distributed with a mean of 15 and a standard deviation of 1.5, what is the z-score for a value of 13? (Points : 6)
-1.33
-2.10
1.33
1.49

7. (TCO 8) The mean hours of Internet usage by adults in the US in claimed to be 25 hours per week. A hypothesis test is performed at a level of significance of 0.05 with a P-value of 0.01. Choose the best interpretation of the hypothesis test. (Points : 6)
Reject the null hypothesis; there is enough evidence to reject the claim that the mean of hours Internet usage by adults in the US is 25 hours per week.
Reject the null hypothesis; there is enough evidence to support the claim that the mean hours Internet usage by adults in the US is 25 hours per week.
Fail to reject the null hypothesis; there is not enough evidence to reject the claim that the mean hours of Internet usage by adults in the US is 25 hours per week.
Fail to reject the null hypothesis; there is not enough evidence to support the claim that the mean hours of Internet usage by adults in the US is 25 hours per week..

8. (TCO 8) A result of an entry level exam reveals that 22% of students fail that exam.
In a hypothesis test conducted at a level of significance of 2%, a P-value of 0.045 was obtained. Choose the best interpretation of the hypothesis test. (Points : 6)
Fail to reject the null hypothesis; there is not enough evidence to reject the claim that 22% of students fail the entry level exam.
Fail to reject the null hypothesis; there is not enough evidence to support the claim that 22% of students fail the entry level exam.
Reject the null hypothesis; there is enough evidence to reject the claim that 22% of students fail the entry level exam.
Reject the null hypothesis; there is enough evidence to support the claim that 22% of students fail the entry level exam.

9. (TCO 2) Having two types of cars called type A and type B. In observing the miles per gallon we found that both types make mean miles per gallon of 32. Car A has a standard deviation of 5 miles per gallon while car B has a standard deviation of 3 miles per gallon. Which of the two car types is more consistent in fuel consumption? (Points : 6)
Type A car because it got more fuel consumption consistency.
Type B car because it got more fuel consumption consistency.
Either car type because their average fuel consumption is the same.
Neither car type because the given information is not enough to make a decision

10. (TCO 4) A jar contains balls of four different colors; red, blue, yellow and green. The total balls are divides as 45% red, 35% blue, 15% yellow, and 5% green. If you a
Category: Math Homework
Expert:  Chirag replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and Thanks for using Just Answer.

Q10 is cut off. Totally how many questions?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
17
Expert:  Chirag replied 2 years ago.
Only first 9 questions can be seen. Please post the rest.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok. This is the following. Can I have ur phone or sth that I can contact you.

TCO 4) A jar contains balls of four different colors; red, blue, yellow and green. The total balls are divides as 45% red, 35% blue, 15% yellow, and 5% green. If you are to select one ball at random. Find the expected value of your winning amount if the payments are set to be $5, $15, $25, $60 for red, blue, yellow and green ball respectively.

Winning amount5152560
Probability45%35%15%5%
(Points : 6) The expected winning amount is $28.50
The expected winning amount is $14.25
The expected winning amount is $25.50
The expected winning amount is $11.25

11. (TCO 3) The grades of 22 students are listed below. Use the stem & leaf to determine the shape of the distribution. Choose the best answer.

4 | 7 5
5 | 1 7 5
6 | 5 6 7 8 9
7 | 1 6 7 8 8 9
8 | 2 4 7 6
9 | 4 7

(Points : 6) The data is symmetric
The data is skewed to the right
The data is skewed to the left
The data is bimodal

12. (TCO 1) A researcher is considering using 90% confidence interval for his research project instead of 95%. What happens to the required sample size if the confidence level is decreased from 95% to 90% and the same error margin is allowed in each case? (Points : 6) The sample size remains unchanged
The sample size needs to increase
The sample size needs to decrease
Not enough information is provided to draw a conclusion regarding the sample size in this case.

13. (TCO 6) Horse race time is found to be normally distributed with a mean value of 15 minutes and a standard deviation of 3 minutes. Horses whose race time is in the top 8% will not be eligible to participate in a second round. What is the lowers race time that makes a horse losses his eligibility to participate in a second round? (Points : 6) 8.63
10.77
17.13
19.23

14. (TCO 5) A class containing 20 students 8 of them are females. In how many ways can we select a group of 5 male students? (Points : 6) 56
792
6720
95040

15. (TCO 6) Research shows that the life time of Everlast automobile tires is normally distributed with a mean value of 60,000 miles and a standard deviation of 5,000 miles. What is the probability of having a tire that lasts more than 67,000 miles? (Points : 6) 0.9192
0.0808
1.40
0.0793

16. (TCO 10) A research shows that employee salaries at company XYX, in thousands of dollars, are given by the equation y-hat= 48.5 + 2.2 a + 1.5 b where ‘a' is the years of experience, and ‘b' is the education level in years. In thousands of dollars, predict the salary for an employee with 7 years experience and 12 years education level. (Points : 6) 52.2
81.9
67.5
63.9

17. (TCO 9) The estimated value for the correlation coefficient for this graph might be

A graph with 14 data points. The vertical axis represents Grades, 0 to 100 (bottom to top). The horizontal axis represents Hours of Absences, 0 to 20 (left to right).  The data points tend show high grades with fewer absences and lower grades with more absences. (Points : 6) -0.91
0.50
0.91
-0.50
I want your answers. The ones that I answered im not sure. Thanks.
Expert:  Chirag replied 2 years ago.
As per site rules, we have to communicate only through the site. For Q17, the picture does not show up.

By when do you need the answers?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As far as possible, thanks. Can i call you? I can pay you more.

U can ignore QUestion 17.

Expert:  Chirag replied 2 years ago.
Sharing personal info such as phone numbers or email IDs is not permitted on the site.

I will post the answers within an hour maximum. You can then accept my answer and add a bonus if you wish.

Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have 8 more. These are.

1. (TCO 8) For the following statement, write the null hypothesis and the alternative hypothesis. Also label which one is the claim.
Company X claims that the average salary for an entry level employee is $35,000 (Points : 8)

2. (TCO 11) A pizza restaurant manager claims that the average home delivery time for their pizza is no more than 25 minutes. A random sample of 49 home delivery pizzas was collected. The sample mean was found to be 26.5 minutes and the standard deviation was found to be 4 minutes. Is there evidence to reject the manager's claim at alpha =.05? Perform an appropriate hypothesis test, showing the necessary calculations and/or explaining the process used to obtain the results. (Points : 20)

3. (TCO 5) At a jewelry store, the probability for a customer to make a purchase when entering the store is 35%. We asked 25 customers enter the store whether they made a purchase or not.
(a) Is this a binomial experiment? Explain how you know.
(b) Use the correct formula to find the probability that, out of 25 customers, exactly 10 of them make a purchase. Show your calculations or explain how you found the probability.
(Points : 20)

4. (TCO 6) The monthly utility bills are normally distributed with a mean value of $150 and a standard deviation of $20.
(a) Find the probability of having a utility bill between 135 and 170.
(b) Find the probability of having a utility bill less than $135.
(c) Find the probability of having a utility bill more than $180. (Points : 20)

5. (TCO 8) A Mall manager claims that in average every customer spends $52 per a single visit to the mall. To test this claim, you took a sample of 36 customers and found the sample mean to be $55 and the sample standard deviation to be $12. At alpha = 0.05, test the Mall's manager claim. Perform an appropriate hypothesis test, showing the necessary calculations and/or explaining the process used to obtain the results. (Points : 20)

6. (TCO 7) A bank manager wanted to estimate the mean number of transactions businesses make per month. For a sample of 50 businesses, he found the mean number of transaction per month to be 35 and the standard deviation to be 9.5 transactions.
(a) Find a 99% confidence interval for the mean number of business transactions per month. Show your calculations and/or explain the process used to obtain the interval.
(b) Interpret this confidence interval and write a sentence that explains it. (Points : 20)

7. (TCO 7) A company's CEO wanted to estimate the percentage of defective product per shipment. In a sample containing 600 products, he found 45 defective products.

(a) Find a 99% confidence interval for the true proportion of defective product. Show your calculations and/or explain the process used to obtain the interval.

8. (TCO 2) The ages of 10 students are listed in years:{ 17,22,19,24,21,23,29,18,22,28 }

(a) Find the mean, median, mode, sample variance, and range.
(b) Do you think that this sample might have come from a normal population? Why or why not? (Points : 20)

How long could you finish these all. Now its 19:47 here.
Expert:  Chirag replied 2 years ago.
Let me finish the first 16. You can accept those and then we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK. Thanks. Be quick and accurata thanks. A little bit hurry. If good , I will pay bonus. Thanks.
Expert:  Chirag replied 2 years ago.
Sure, I am working fast.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
THanks. im waiting
Expert:  Chirag replied 2 years ago.

Here they are ...

(1) A

(2) A

(3) B

(4) B

(5) A

(6) A

(7) A

(8) A

(9) B

(10) B

(11) C

(12) C

(13) D

(14) B

(15) A

(16) B

Please ACCEPT my answer. BONUS is welcome.

Thanks.

Chirag, Master's Degree
Experience: Excellent Tutor with a long teaching experience at different levels.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Good. These are the more. How long you could finish them? And you can sure the 16 are all right? Or above 90percent right.

(Points : 20)

These are essay questions.

Expert:  Chirag replied 2 years ago.
I can do a good job with these. But these 8 questions are asking for work to be shown. So, I may need about an hour to have these solved and typed in. I will also be requesting a $30 tip if you please.

Let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK, I will give 30 tip. Thanks. Just be little quick. It will due. Thanks.
Expert:  Chirag replied 2 years ago.
Ok. Working now ...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. You good.
Expert:  Chirag replied 2 years ago.
Welcome.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So before when you can finish it. Now,20:16
Expert:  Chirag replied 2 years ago.
I will be posting within the next 10 minutes.

Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok, thanks ,sir
Expert:  Chirag replied 2 years ago.

Here is the file containing the solutions ...

ANSWER FILE

Please ACCEPT my answer and Add the $30 BONUS

Thanks.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
how much do I need to pay now? It says I have already accept once.
Expert:  Chirag replied 2 years ago.
It does not allow you to accept again?

If it does not, please add $60 as tips on the previous accept only. So I will get the correct amount.

Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok now?
Expert:  Chirag replied 2 years ago.
You added only $40 tips.

Since it did not allow you to accept the second time, I got $20 less. Please do add another $30 tips to make it as agreed before.

Thanks.
Expert:  Chirag replied 2 years ago.
I receive only a part of what you pay (rest goes to the site). That's why I asked you to add $60 in tips so that I get the amount which we had agreed upon initially.

Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Where to add the tip? I click Accept answer but it says need additional 40
Expert:  Chirag replied 2 years ago.
This problem came up because you did not take a subscription. If you had a subscription, it would have allowed to accept again without paying an additional deposit.

You can add the tips again where you first accepted?

Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I cant. So how can I do right now. This is what we agree. I want to pay the rest 30 for u.
Expert:  Chirag replied 2 years ago.
In that case, I guess you will have to make the additional deposit of $40 or whatever it is asking for and accept again. I understand your concern but I am sorry. This is how this works.

Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have more questions recently. So I will ask you later and then add 30 more to the tip ok? How can I know weather Im ask you or other professors. The 40 is the deposit ? I mean it will be back? If is , I will pay it right now. Or, the 40 will be paid?
Expert:  Chirag replied 2 years ago.
Well, I dont know how things work on your side. So, I can't say much.

Anyway, you can pay the tips next time. Not a problem.

But Please request me with your future questions (Say "For Chirag" in your post)

Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sure i will always requet u sry for that
Expert:  Chirag replied 2 years ago.
Welcome.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
u there?expert
Expert:  Chirag replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I am. Welcome and Thanks for requesting me.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have some more questions but they are in my phone, I cant put them into the computer, so can I send it to your phone as the picture.
Expert:  Chirag replied 2 years ago.
Well, two issues here ..

First, the only way to communicate on this site is by posting the question here and if you have a file containing the questions/pictures etc, upload them to www.mediafire.com or www.sendspace.com and post the sharing link here, so I can access it.

Second, PLEASE OPEN A NEW THREAD, because you can not accept in this old thread again. Last time I answered additional questions for you here but you were neither able to accept them nor leave the tips. Please direct the post to me by adding the words "For Chirag".

Thanks.