Math-John
Math-John, PhD in Statistics
Experience:  MS and BS in Math

1) suppose you draw a card from a well shuffled deck of 52

1) suppose you draw a card from a well shuffled deck of 52 cards. find each of the following odds.
a)what are the odds against drawing a 3
b) what are the odds in favor of drawing a 3
c)what are the odds against drawing a black 5
d)what are the odds in favor of drawing a black 5

2) an executive committee consist of 13 members, 5 men and 8 women. 4 members are selected at random to attend a meeting in Hawaii. the names are XXXXX XXXXX the hat. what is the probability that all 4 selected are women?

3)find the missing angle measure. it is a triangle where one side is 95 and the other43

4)write the equation in the slope-intercept form and identify the slope and y-intercept of 3x+3y=14
a)the equation in slope-intercept form is y=
b)the slope is=
c)the y-intercept is=

4find the radius of the circle with the given circumference of C=24#cm

5)maria needed 6 gallon of gas to fill her car's gas tank. the mileage odometer read 30,900 miles. when the odometer read 31,120, Maria filled the tank with 11 gallon. at the end of the trip, she filled the tank with 15 gallon, and the odometer read 31,435 miles. how many miles per gallon did she get for the entire trip?

6) the sales force of a business consist of 10 men and 10 women. a production unit of 7 people is set up at random. what is the probability that it will consist of 2 men and 5 women?

7)where do all the point in space equidistant from a given point lie?

8)find the surface areas of the figures on the right.
a)the surface area of the right rectangular prism is? 0f 12cm, 5cm,4cm
b)the surface area of the right cylinder of 5cm and 4cm

8)for the following sets of number, find the mean, median, and mode of 11, 13, 24, 9, 14, 10. what are the mean, the median and mode?

9)how many different one to one correspondences could be listed between the vertices of two square and the vertices of two regular n-gons? (The term n-gon, where n is the number of the polygon's side)

10)find an equation of the circle having the given center and radius of Center(-3,1), radius sqroot ^5

11) a 12 foot ladder leans against a wall at a 62 degree angle of elevation. find the distance from the ladder's base to the wall? round the answer to the nearest tenth

12)two round fountains are similar. one measure 4'1'' across and the other measure 7'3'' across. find the scale factor from the small one to the large one?

13)the eight grade class at a grade school has 12 girls and 13 boys. how many different boy-girl dates can be arrange?

13)suppose 3 quarters, 10 dimes, 2 nickles and 5 pennies are in the box. one coin is selected at random. what is the expected value? the expected value of this experiment is $. round to the nearest cent
Category: Math Homework
Expert:  Math-John replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I have looked at these problems. For number 3, either a piece of information or a graph is missing. For number 4, is the given circumference C=24 pi cm, where pi = 3.141593? For number 8, there is no figure. You may upload files to www.mediafire.com and post the download link here. Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i do not know how to do it
Expert:  Math-John replied 2 years ago.
You may setup an account at www.mediafire.com, upload files, copy the download link and post it here. I can do all problems except number 3, 4, and 8 because of the missing information. Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i already have an account
Expert:  Math-John replied 2 years ago.
I meant the account at www.mediafire.com, not the account at JustAnswer. You may upload files to www.mediafire.com and post the download link here. I cannot do those 3 problems without complete information.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes that is the one i am talking about would please put the web up
Expert:  Math-John replied 2 years ago.
Can you upload files to www.mediafire.com for these problems and post the download link here? Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i can give it a try
Expert:  Math-John replied 2 years ago.
ok I will wait for it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i need you to send me the website
Expert:  Math-John replied 2 years ago.
www.mediafire.com
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
give the rest of the answer in the mean time because i am running out of time
Expert:  Math-John replied 2 years ago.
OK, what's the deadline?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
12 0 clock tonight i also have a few more question to answer. i am unable to into the www. mediafire.com so i will explain that number
4) do not have a graph or picture
3) is just a triangle with the top is 95 and the left side is 43

8)(a)is a square to your right to the back is 12cm and the bottom is 5cm and the front is 4cm
b) is a circle like cylinder where the top is 5cm and the right side is 4cm
Expert:  Math-John replied 2 years ago.
OK I will do my best. Is your time zone EST?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes thank you
Expert:  Math-John replied 2 years ago.
You are welcome. I will post the answer before midnight but I am not sure whether I can do those 3 problems. I will try my best.
Expert:  Math-John replied 2 years ago.

I made a guess to those 3 problems. Here is the answer:

• 1) suppose you draw a card from a well shuffled deck of 52 cards. find each of the following odds.
    a)what are the odds against drawing a 3

a) 48:4 = 12:1 = 12

b) 4:48 = 1:12 = 1/12

c) 50:2 = 25

d) 2:50 = 1/25

8C4 / 13C4 = 70/715 = 14/143 = 0.097902.

If it's a right triangle and the leg is 43, the hypotenuse is 95, then the missing angle between these two sides is 63.087 degree.

b)the slope is=
c)the y-intercept is=

•a) y = -x + 14/3

•b) -1

•c) 14/3

If it's C = 24 pi, the radius is 12 cm.

(31435-31120) / 15 = 21

10C2 * 10C5 / 20C7 = 0.14628

Circle

•a) 2*(12*5+12*4 + 5*4) = 256.

•b) 5*5*3.14*2 + 2*5*3.14*4 = 282.6

Mean: 13.5

Median: 12

Mode: There is no mode.

0 if n ≠4,

8! = 40320 if n=4

(x+3)^2 + (y-1)^2 = 5

5.6 feet

7'3'' / 4'1'' = 87/49

12*13 = 156.

Total is 3+10+2+5 = 20.

Expected value is 0.25 * (3/20) + 0.1 * (10/20) + 0.05*(2/10) + 0.01*(5/20) = 0.1

Please click on ACCEPT if you are satisfied with my answer. Bonus and Positive Feedbacks are welcome. Let me know if you have any questions. To request me, begin your questions with "For John". Thanks.

Math-John, PhD in Statistics
Experience: MS and BS in Math
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
please answer this last question
add 135degree51'22''+17degree36'25''=

express without a decimal 13. 12
Expert:  Math-John replied 2 years ago.
153 degree 27'47''