Joe
Joe, Marine Electronics Installer
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine mechanical and electronics, pwc, wiring, all around repair tech,
20508815

Can the software for a humminbird helix 5 si be loaded on a

Customer Question

can the software for a humminbird helix 5 si be loaded on a helix 5 di and used with a si transducer?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Electronics Specialist can help you best.
Customer: I have a new helix 5 di gps g2 with di transducer
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Electronics Specialist should know?
Customer: I also have a new si transducer for the helix 5 unit If I load the software for the si on my di head will it work with both
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Joe replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

You cannot transfer the software from one unit to another, you can however use compatible maps between them via an sd card and loading them onto the device. The si uses stronger transducer that goes deeper and has side imaging where as the di does not go as deep and does not use nor have side imaging, so the short answer is no a di will not provide what the si does as they are not the same units.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.