Charles
Charles, Marine Tech
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) I have been installing Marine Electronics for over a decade now.
67216606

We have a Lowrance Elite TI 7 that switches on but only

Customer Question

Hi. We have a Lowrance Elite TI 7 that switches on but only stays on screen with Elite TI on it then shuts down soon after
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Electronics Specialist can help you best.
Customer: What more info do you need?
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Electronics Specialist should be aware of?
Customer: No. it's been working fine others
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Charles replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Expert:  Charles replied 4 months ago.

First thing to make sure of is that the unit is getting the full 12V to the plug, not just in the boat fuse box. Do this with a multimeter. If you have a map card installed, remove it and see it the unit will fully boot up. It is will, update the map card, it is corrupted. If neither if these will work, doing a soft reset on the unit may be the next step. Let me know if that is needed and I can tell you how to do it.