Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology, Also Certified with Mercury Marine, MCM, MIE, VP, Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki
44667847

I have 561 model locator and the cord was cut to the

Customer Question

I have 561 model locator and the cord was cut to the transducer. I replaced the transducer and the reading is still a foot and a half. What can I do to fix it?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Electronics Specialist can help you best.
Customer: I replaced toe transducer with a new one, hooked it up, and it's still showing a foot and a half in deep water.
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Electronics Specialist should be aware of?
Customer: no
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Jason replied 17 days ago.

Hello my name is Jason

Did you run the new transducer cable directly into the display unit or did you try and cut and splice that new transducer on to the old wiring?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
i bought anew one and put it on
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
which i stated
Expert:  Jason replied 17 days ago.

Either the new transducer is bad or the sounder circuitry of the fishfinder shorted out when somebody cut the transducer cord. I don't think I can help you with this one