Charles
Charles, Marine Tech
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) I have been installing Marine Electronics for over a decade now.
67216606

I have a ray marine l1260 display with 4kw 24 raydome

Customer Question

I have a ray marine l1260 display with 4kw 24 raydome various cables and other parts of the system I purchased at a thrift store to resell. I want to know to know how to test it for power on and basic function
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Charles replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Expert:  Charles replied 3 months ago.

To test the unit to see if it will power up. Connect the red to a 12V positive battery and the black to the negative of the battery. }Pres the on button of the unit.

To test the radar, with the unit on, connect the power supply of the radar dome to a power supply of 12V, connect the cable between the head unit and the dome, then see if the dome will rotate the arm inside it. If it will, you would need to have the unit outside to see if it will get any images on it.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The cable from the the display unit to the radar unit has many wires in it. Most of them are together in a plug that fits into the radar unit. The 4 remaining wires 2 black and 2 white are thicker wires. There are 4 other terminals on the radar unit. 2 marked +. And 2 marked - should tease be used for the 12v power from the display unit or should I use a separate 12v power source to the radar
Expert:  Charles replied 3 months ago.

Yes. Those are the power wires. You can use the same power source for the display.