Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I am wanting a replacement Raymarine RAY240 VHF handset with

Customer Question

I am wanting a replacement Raymarine RAY240 VHF handset with attached cable, Where could I find such an item?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is Raymarine RAY240 VHF handset and it is 2008
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have located the problem to be the cord attachment to both my VHF handsets, and whilst I can shorten/reattach-solder the plastic coated wire cable to the handset itself, on the other end of the cord it has a moulded plug with many pins and this can't be desoldered- this end of the plug joins the connector cable that takes the the cable back to the radio unit itself. The radio unit is fine. It is simply the handset cord.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: What can I do to fix this or is it at all fixable? and if not, where can I locate two, or even one, handset?
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The part # for the handset cord to the RAY240 is

R49144

and if you contact Raymarine, they may be able to supply it. Replacing that would do, if the cord is the only problem.

Or you may contact an authorized Raymarine Dealer in your region: if you're interested in that, please tell me your local zip code (or town/city and state) and I will give you listings on local dealers that might have that part.

Also this source is mentioned as perhaps having a part for the cord, but not the whole cord necessarily: http://www.jgtech.com/?