Charles
Charles, Marine Tech
Experience:  US Navy (Ret) I have been installing Marine Electronics for over a decade now.
67216606

My fish finder is not working & I need help! Can you give me

Customer Question

My fish finder is not working & I need help! Can you give me a phone # so I can talk to a technician. Thank youLee **************
Category: Marine Electronics
Expert:  Gina-Moderator replied 5 months ago.
Hi:
I'm Gina and I’m a moderator for this topic. It looks like your question may have been meant for a different company, possibly Garmin or other GPS device company.
We, JustAnswer, match people with questions to Experts with answers in areas like Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Financial, Legal, Home Improvement and more.
I would be happy to try to assist you in finding the web address of the company you are looking for if you can confirm that for me.
Please let me know if you want to continue or cancel your question and I'm happy to further assist you.
Best,
Gina-Moderator
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Charles replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will assist you. Can you tell me the make and model of your fish finder please?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Don't you have a phone # I can talk to someone about the problem? Thank you
It is a. Low range model X96.###-##-####s the ser#
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The iPad changed the name. Lowrance
Expert:  Charles replied 5 months ago.

Yes, I can submit a phone offer to you, but it is an extra charge. Or I can assist you on this chat.

Have you recently installed this unit in your boat?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have used it for a few years
Expert:  Charles replied 5 months ago.

Ok great, what is the unit doing now? Anything at all, or just nor reading depth?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It reads depth & tempature, bounces around & changes, screen stays black with white vertical lines.
Expert:  Charles replied 5 months ago.

ok, have you tried to look at the pins on the transducer plug to make sure that they are not corroded?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Charles replied 5 months ago.

Alright then, lets try a reset on the unit to see if that may work.

With the unit off, press and hold the EXIT key, while still holding it, press and HOLD the PWR key, release all keys when the unit powers up. Allow it to go through the boot sequence and see if the issue has cleared up.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok just a min. While I try that
Expert:  Charles replied 5 months ago.

No worries, there are no time limits here.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Have tried it several times & still have a black screen
Follow up question for Charles
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is Charles the tech answering my question?
Expert:  Charles replied 5 months ago.

Yes, it is me still.

We can try one other reset. It is a Hard reset and will wipe all data from the unit.

With the unit off, Press and hold the Zoom in and Zoom Out keys, Then press and hold the PWR button. Release all buttons when the unit beeps. Allow it to power up and go through the set up on it. See if the screen gets better. if it does not, the unit will need to be replaced.